cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancer Messages are appearing in the wrong account

sarahmichelle
Sarah D Member Since: Nov 25, 2015
1 of 7

I'm an Admin for a number of client accounts (as I hire freelancers for different clients depending on the job I'm working on).

I posted a job last week under one of my client accounts and had a number of messages with various applicants and hires within that account.

However I just discovered one message sent on Sunday is only appearing in a totally unrelated client account of mine.

It's bizarre because previously this freelancer and I had been messaging within the correct client account, so there is no way she could have connected with this other client account.

This happened once before with another job a couple of months ago, so I ignored it as a temporary bug / glitch in Upwork's system.

But now it's happened again, I'm really concerned. I need to keep all my client work totally separate.

I double checked and the job isn't listed in this other client account and there was zero communication from it prior to this. 

Is this an ongoing bug? I looked for a way to contact Support privately but it looks like Live Chat has been disabled.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 7

Hi Sarah,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Please submit a Support request and share the message details so we can investigate and advise. 

Untitled
This widget could not be displayed.
3 of 7
This widget could not be displayed.

@sarah D wrote:

I'm an Admin for a number of client accounts (as I hire freelancers for different clients depending on the job I'm working on).

I posted a job last week under one of my client accounts and had a number of messages with various applicants and hires within that account.

However I just discovered one message sent on Sunday is only appearing in a totally unrelated client account of mine.

It's bizarre because previously this freelancer and I had been messaging within the correct client account, so there is no way she could have connected with this other client account.

This happened once before with another job a couple of months ago, so I ignored it as a temporary bug / glitch in Upwork's system.

But now it's happened again, I'm really concerned. I need to keep all my client work totally separate.

I double checked and the job isn't listed in this other client account and there was zero communication from it prior to this. 

Is this an ongoing bug? I looked for a way to contact Support privately but it looks like Live Chat has been disabled.

This happened twice to me that my clients' messages appeared in my own client account and could only be answered there. Embarrasing. I have reported about this in the community a few days ago and others have done before me already. 

browersr
Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
4 of 7

This happened to me as well.  I was told by a moderator that this is a known bug that they are aware of and working to fix.  No idea as to the status or timeline for that, however.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 7

We are still working on this and hope to have most instances of this bug resolved soon. We will communicate directly with any users who have previously notified us of this issue through Customer Support.

~ Valeria
Upwork
haywardcy
Community Leader
Chris H Member Since: Aug 9, 2015
6 of 7

Hey Valeria, any updates on this issue? I'm still having the same problem, thanks!

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 7

Hi Christopher,

Could you please send me a private message (click on my name next to this post) with more details about what mesaages ended up in a wrong context? Please, send a link to the room that shows up incorrectly. We will look into it individually.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS