🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer Threatening me
Page options
liamsmall
Community Member

Freelancer Threatening me

I am a big fan of Upwork and find it very helpful however my recent experience is very concerning, a freelancer is currently threatening me.

I was not happy with this freelancers work because he kept making mistakes when working on my website. I closed the contract and offered to pay him some money for the work he did, which I thought was fair. He then went straight psychopath.

Here is a selection of what he has said:
‘You got the wrong person to play your game with.’
‘you are not the first person that tried this play with me’
‘You think you are the only one who can pay 5$ for fake reviews?’
‘there is no way that I will forget this....you better hire someone good, cause some **bleep** is about to rain on you..’

After trying to have a polite chat with this the freelancer I realised that there was no point trying to tell him my point of view. So in between threats I said I’ll pay him the full money (even though the work wasn’t done well and the tasks aren’t completed), I even said I’d leave him a 5 star review – just to calm him down.

100% pycho doesn’t want the 5* review or to be paid now. He is just very very angry.

As this guy does SEO I am now concerned he is going to do some black hat spam SEO, leave fake reviews online etc.

This guy has earned $20k+ is a ‘top talent’ and has a great looking profile.

I have tried contacting Upwork but I just get sent links to articles I should read.

What can I do?! Please help!  

1 REPLY 1
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi David,

I`m sorry to hear about the experience you had.
One of our team members will open a ticket for you where you can share more details with us about this and our team will assist you further. You can also always reach out to us (Moderators) by clicking on our names and sending us a PM with private details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths