cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancer Unable to Perform Coding Required - Dispute?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
41 of 44

Richard:

I'm not criticizing your advice.
You offered excellent advice.

I'm just offering another perspective about how to hire, which works well for some situations, and not well for others.

re: "All because you didn't take the time to hire the right person in the first place?"

I have found that when I write sufficiently discriptive job postings for complex technical tasks, only qualified people apply to the job.

Rezida A Member Since: Jul 4, 2019
42 of 44

Dear Scott,

What is the name of your developer, where is he from?

We had same issue with deadlines and low level of work from top rated developer, just see our last post in Clinents comunity discussion. Our Top Rated developers name **edited for Community Guidelines** and he blackmailed us to give him top rate, looks like top rate that we consider as relayble in upwork , in reality false .... 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
43 of 44

Hi Rezida, 

I had to edit your post/s as it violates the Upwork Community Guidelines. Please refrain from posting identifying information about this freelancer in an accusation of misconduct, incompetence, or wrondoing, as we do not allow it in the Community. 

I am currently reviewing the issue you have posted, and will be responding on your thread shortly. 

-Avery
Untitled
Jay R Member Since: Aug 12, 2019
44 of 44

This is crazy because I had a freelancer that was unable to complete the job and now I replaced him with a freelancer **Edited for Community Guidelines**.  His skills were capable of what I need however the experience I had was scary. When we told him we didn't like his photo selection he got mad and crashed our website. He then refused to answer my question on what was happening and how to fix this. To make it worse he would then mock me about my lack of knowledge in what was happening. He held me hostage, I was powerless. He would yell at me if I didn't answer the phone(I was in the bathroom); then leave me hanging for hours on a late night meeting. I am writing this not only as a complaite but of a concern he will do it again. He is a skilled worker but can and will ruin your life. This is crazy because not only is it hard to find proper closer to unskilled workers, I am having a hard time contacting Upwork about very inappropriate behavior. I feel like this is their main job not just rate workers but protect us from rude, mean, unprofessional people. I wish you the best of luck!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS