🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer accepted my job and now is saying ...
Page options
89efaca7
Community Member

Freelancer accepted my job and now is saying that there is not enough time to complete the role

Freelancer accepted my job and now is saying that there is not enough time to complete the role. Can I cancel out of the arrangement and find a new freelancer? How can I do this and will I be charged?

2 REPLIES 2
kat303
Community Member

Daisy B wrote:

Freelancer accepted my job and now is saying that there is not enough time to complete the role. Can I cancel out of the arrangement and find a new freelancer? How can I do this and will I be charged?

Yes, you can cancel a contract any time and for any reason. You don't even need a reason. Has the freelancer agreed to this? Has the freelancer completed any work on your job? If so, you can just release the amount to be paid for the work they did (example, if they did 50% of the work, release 50% of the funds in escrow.(if this was a fixed rate job.) Then just close the contract. The remaining funds will be returned to you automatically. And if this job was an hourly job, just close the contract. 

Of course, if the freelancer objects to a refund request they might 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daisy, 

I checked your account and it doesn't look like you have sent an offer to this freelancer. We highly recommend for freelancers to only start working when the client has sent them an offer. In this case, since there is no contract in place, you will not be charged for anything if you end your relationship with this freelancer. 

Since you are new here, I would recommend that you read up on these resources we have compiled to help you get started on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths