🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Freelancer account want to post a job
Page options
59635e6b
Community Member

Freelancer account want to post a job

Hi,

I have a freelancer account, but I want to post a job. Can I use the same account? If so, where do I go to set that up on my existing account?

Thanks so much!

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Terri S wrote:

Hi,

I have a freelancer account, but I want to post a job. Can I use the same account? If so, where do I go to set that up on my existing account?

1. Go to Settings  My Teams and choose the Create New Account button at the bottom.
  2. Choose New Client Account
  3. Once set up, use the account menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client, freelancer, or agency

(From Upwork's help page on the matter)

Can I use upwork earnings balance to hire freelancer? 

re: "Can I use upwork earnings balance to hire freelancer?"

Yes.

Depending on where you live, if you earn money as a freelancer, then you may withdraw that money to your bank account, or your PayPal account. Or Payoneer. M-Pesa. Wire transfer.

You may then use that money to fund a payment method such as PayPal or credit card, which you may use to hire a freelancer:

Be a Client and a Freelancer

(Note that Upwork users are not able to hire freelancers and pay them directly out of their freelancer earnings account.)

Hi Rasel, 

I would just like to clarify Preston's response. If you are looking to use your Upwork account earnings, and transfer this to your client account to be able to hire freelancers, please know that this is not possible. You will need to add a billing method to your client account to be able to hire freelancers on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths