cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancer active on average only 5-6 minutes during each 10 minute work segment

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
11 of 17

Larry, you just expressed one of the major concerns with the tracking system.  Thinking time - often the most valuable resource a highly experienced provider brings to the table - is completely non-trackable.

For providers willing to take on hourly jobs they are more or less forced to use Tracker other than in cases like Jennifer M. where I believe she has a long relationship with the buyer or an iron-clad contract to cover this type of thing.

daniel-bradley
Community Leader
Daniel B Member Since: May 4, 2016
12 of 17

That's a good point, actually. Would you rather hire the person who thinks more, or less? I know which way I'd place my bet on a great finished product.

31a9d262
larry f Member Since: Sep 16, 2016
13 of 17

thank you for all of the feedback.  it certainly helped.

vdubeau
Community Guru
Vince D Member Since: Feb 18, 2016
14 of 17

Steve Ballmer on IBM and writing code for OS/2.

https://youtu.be/kHI7RTKhlz0

"Remember, no matter where you go, there you are."
Buckaroo Banzai
lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
15 of 17

@Vince D wrote:

Steve Ballmer on IBM and writing code for OS/2.

https://youtu.be/kHI7RTKhlz0

ugh... gotta admit never had it quite that bad but the industry went from terrible like the IBM example to really cool to now it's a tax writeoff for companies and half my job was always stupid status reports.

I always used to do like 2 sentences for my status reports and always heard about it but some devs would spend all day on theirs and I would LOL. They milked that day p gud on just screenshots and bragging about their accomplishments. I'm a terrible employee I tell ya. 

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
16 of 17

It's extremely rare for me to pay any attention to my freelancer's work diaries at all. All I care about is what they deliver. You've got lots of good responses to this already, larry. I definitely wouldn't dispute the hours myself. If you're not happy with the end result, just don't hire them again.

anima9
Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
17 of 17

Well, if you really want your freelancers to be "active" while thinking, you might as well ask them to tap random keys and just delete them when they finally think of something worthy of writing.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS