🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer agreed refund WEEKS ago. No paymen...
Page options
d6b7d54b
Community Member

Freelancer agreed refund WEEKS ago. No payment has arrived.

Hi all, 

Wondering if anyone else has had issues with refunds once their freelancer has agreed to terms. 

Long story short we could not complete our project, I requested a refund from my Freelancer and he agreed. No notice of payment from Upwork and no monies received two weeks later.

I now have $1000 tied up somewhere in Upworks' system and no way to follow up with them.

Any advice == very much appreciated.

Leon.

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Leon C wrote:

Long story short we could not complete our project, I requested a refund from my Freelancer and he agreed. No notice of payment from Upwork and no monies received two weeks later.

Was that money that had been released to the freelancer or money in Escrow? If it was money in escrow, has the freelancer closed the contract? That automatically sends the escrow money back to your payment method.

If you end the contract, the freelancer is asked to agree to the return of the escrow funds. Once they agree (or after 7 days) the escrow money is automatically sent back to your payment method.

Just "agreeing" between two parties doesn't trigger anything.

d6b7d54b
Community Member

Apologies for any confusion. Freelancer did agree to return of escrow
funds. I received an email notifying me of this fact..
petra_r
Community Member

Leon C wrote:
Apologies for any confusion. Freelancer did agree to return of escrow
funds. I received an email notifying me of this fact..

Then the funds should have been back on your payment method within 5 business days.

d6b7d54b
Community Member

Hence this post..

Leon C wrote:
Hence this post..

Have you asked your bank if there's a pending refund for your account? 

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Leon,

I'm sorry to hear about that. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the refund.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths