🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Freelancer cancelled contract. Money on E...
Page options
b98a0b03
Community Member

Freelancer cancelled contract. Money on Escrow?

A freelancer I was working with decided to cancel the contract because he is sick and feels he won't be able to finish on time.

I understand that but I had half of the full payement as the 1st milestone in Escrow. Milestone was not released. How do I get that 1st milestone back so I can hire another freelancer?

I am familiar with the process when I, the client, cancels a contact but this is the first time a freelancer has cancelled a contract for me. I only got an email notification saying the freelancer had cancelled it. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Adam: It is impossible for a freelancer to cancel or close a fixed-price contract and obtain any of the money set aside in escrow. If a freelancer closes a fixed-price contract, the escrow money is automatically returned to the client.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Adam: It is impossible for a freelancer to cancel or close a fixed-price contract and obtain any of the money set aside in escrow. If a freelancer closes a fixed-price contract, the escrow money is automatically returned to the client.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Adam,

As Preston explained, when a freelancer closes a fixed-price contract they are asked to approve refund from Escrow. The refund on the contract that was recently closed has already been initiated and you can see it under your Reports> Transactions. It may take up to 5 days to show on your credit card.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths