🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer cheated me with ratings
Page options
ed2d864d
Community Member

Freelancer cheated me with ratings

Started a project, within 20 minutes provider started demanding project to be closed and good ratings

Provider didnt wanted to help further (for which i wanted to pay him extra too) he demanded to give good ratings first, which i refused then ended contract and left me a rating, i asked you left me bad rating then he showed me a fake screenshot of 4 stars rating... after 4 days today i left him almost same ratings but his rating was not 4 but 1.... so how can upwork allow such providers to cheat and deceive on this platform? This was my 1st rating and its so bad? After spending more 700+ and more to come on this site... upwork must take actions against this user... he even deleted the screenshot where he showed me he gave me 4 star rating.. please check chat history!!! you must suspend him or take away his rating for me!!!! this is not cool!!!!!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
ed2d864d
Community Member

This is the screenshot which he with his photoshop skills showed me to prove he gave me good ratings so i can give him the same...

although today he deleted this file from message board!! after i left my ratings (3.50 to him or more)

Aboslutely cheat! 

I never asked him to do extra work for free but i said i will pay, i can show that screenshot too!!!!

**Edited for community guidelines**

tta192
Community Member

That's why each one is supposed to rate the other party on their own without discussing, suggesting or negotiating. You cannot claim you were scammed since you're not allowed to trade stars or any other aspect of the feedback you leave.

You're both at fault here - the freelancer will probably get penalized for trying to influence you; while you should be penalized because he succeeded! In the end you got the rating you deserved for engaging in such activities.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kamal,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Please note that this is not how the feedback system works

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to further address this concern.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths