🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer committed fraud
Page options
c0898fd1
Community Member

Freelancer committed fraud

I have not been in touch with a freelancer I hired through up work for 3 weeks.

Today I receive a bill for 40 hours. Straight fraud. There was no work to be done, no discussion what so ever. I contacted him and he blocked me.

Couple weeks ago he asked me to sell my U.S account so he can get hired as a US freelancer. I said no.

Next thing I know I am being charged for hours when there was NO WORK discussed.

He thought I did not check up Upwork account so he can steal money from me a through upwork.

His name is Alpren Aksoy on freelancer
6 REPLIES 6
michael_skaggs
Community Member

Piyush S wrote:
I have not been in touch with a freelancer I hired through up work for 3 weeks.

Today I receive a bill for 40 hours. Straight fraud. There was no work to be done, no discussion what so ever. I contacted him and he blocked me.

Couple weeks ago he asked me to sell my U.S account so he can get hired as a US freelancer. I said no.

Next thing I know I am being charged for hours when there was NO WORK discussed.

He thought I did not check up Upwork account so he can steal money from me a through upwork.

He can only steal the money if you allow it. At the end of every week, there is a period for clients to review both the work done and the hours logged. If you dispute the hours, and he has no screenshots, activity, or notes in the time tracker, then you win the dispute by default.

He has faked the screenshots and time. Just did fake typing and just having the screen up. I have already filed a dispute.

Very easy to just type random words and leave the screen up on a different monitor.

😕

Piyush S wrote:
He has faked the screenshots and time. Just did fake typing and just having the screen up. I have already filed a dispute.

Very easy to just type random words and leave the screen up on a different monitor.

😕

That's exactly why screenshots, descriptions and activity levels are all required to be legitimate before they're covered by the hourly protections. If they just leave a screen up on a different monitor, they can have the highest activity level known to mankind, but still not get paid, because the screenshots show no work being done, and no descriptions as to what's going on.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Piyush,

I'm sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience you had with this Freelancer. It looks like you have an open ticket with our Dispute team about this case. Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions or concerns, in order to keep all the information in one place.

We will also follow up with the team about your case.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
c0898fd1
Community Member

Hi Bojan, today I checked my credit card staement, and i have aleready been charged the 1400, no reply back from ZenDesk or any official response from dispute center. The only progress I have seen so far, is my card being chagred. I expected UpWork to not charge my credit card without resolving this.. but it did regardless. Who can I call ? I been waiting since Monday, there is no phone number or nothing ? Anyone can get charged without permission ? really ? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Piyush,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused and for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths