🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer do not finish project full of erro...
Page options
dfc5d33a
Community Member

Freelancer do not finish project full of errors and do not reply to messages and calls

Upwork charge to customer all commissions
when free lancer can not finish work
or
Finish in a wrong way
Upwork should charge commission to Freelancer.
In tis way Freelancer will take responsibility to finish work.

I said in my message after closing contract if freelancer complete the project and no errors i will pay him money.

Why Upwork do not have good Freelancers.

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Freelancer do not finish project full of errors and do not reply to messages and calls"

Goodness. That doesn't sound like a freelaner who you would want to continue working with.

re: "Why Upwork do not have good freelancers?"

Actually, your question is based on a faulty premise. Upwork does have good freelancers. Upwork has hundreds of thousands of freelancers who are not only good freelancers, but are quite excellent.

As a client, I have personally hired over 100 freelancers. Most of them have been great. But not ALL of them.

I'm not sure where you will find ALL of something that is great. Have you ever gone to a restaurant? Many are great. But not ALL of them are great. It's the same with everything.

In your post it seems like you were thinking a lot about one specific freelancer who did a bad job on your project.

Personally? I believe thinking about people like that is a waste of my time. I don't owe a freelancer like that any more of my time or energy. When I hire a freelancer who is clearly not up to par, I simply end the contract and work with the top-performing members of my team.

petra_r
Community Member

Saw Wah K wrote:

Upwork charge to customer all commissions

They don't

Saw Wah K wrote:

Upwork should charge commission to Freelancer.

They do

dfc5d33a
Community Member

I have project with Freelancer, Everyday Errors, I change Project from complex project to very simple project Still Errors,

I already ask freelancer to cancel order i will still pay him some money because he tried to do work put Effort but honestly i can prove work done is wrong i can not use the work.

I have clients who buy work done from me.

If i deliver this type of work no one will do business with me.

Upwork Rules are not Good at all.
When Freelancer do Error work and if they refund money back to client they charge comission to client.

Which is wrong we give job to do work not to play games, i have lost 3 clients due to not job done in time or not done properly.

I will say i have done lot of jobs in Fiverr.

If any freelancer do funny things with client they refund money 100% back to client and i saw they block freelancer they give 100% to client, because client pay money for services not freelancer.

People who pay money also work hard to EARN this money.

If you put some strict Rules, i can tell you will get more clients.

Upwork as per my understanding have no professional Freelancers.
I start beliving maybe there is no Freelancer all are fake profiles to grab comission from clients, if everyday 1000 clients job is not done and every client Upwork charge fees 3.5% which make them already good money why need to focus to complete work.

If upwork is geniune company they should have Rule iif Freelancer fail to complate work or full of Errors.
Freelancer will not be paid and Upwork fees of that project client will not pay for upwork fees freelancer will pay if these freelancer are Geniune profiles they will take only that jobs which they can do they will not waste client time and money.

Honestly if you ask my openion clients should make Reviews about Upwork and you will see how many clients are not happy with Upwork service.

Saw Wah K wrote:

I have project with Freelancer, Everyday Errors, I change Project from complex project to very simple project Still Errors,

I already ask freelancer to cancel order i will still pay him some money because he tried to do work put Effort but honestly i can prove work done is wrong i can not use the work.

I have clients who buy work done from me.

If i deliver this type of work no one will do business with me.

Upwork Rules are not Good at all.
When Freelancer do Error work and if they refund money back to client they charge comission to client.

Which is wrong we give job to do work not to play games, i have lost 3 clients due to not job done in time or not done properly.

I will say i have done lot of jobs in Fiverr.

If any freelancer do funny things with client they refund money 100% back to client and i saw they block freelancer they give 100% to client, because client pay money for services not freelancer.

People who pay money also work hard to EARN this money.

If you put some strict Rules, i can tell you will get more clients.

Upwork as per my understanding have no professional Freelancers.
I start beliving maybe there is no Freelancer all are fake profiles to grab comission from clients, if everyday 1000 clients job is not done and every client Upwork charge fees 3.5% which make them already good money why need to focus to complete work.

If upwork is geniune company they should have Rule iif Freelancer fail to complate work or full of Errors.
Freelancer will not be paid and Upwork fees of that project client will not pay for upwork fees freelancer will pay if these freelancer are Geniune profiles they will take only that jobs which they can do they will not waste client time and money.

Honestly if you ask my openion clients should make Reviews about Upwork and you will see how many clients are not happy with Upwork service.

Upwork does not charge commission to clients. If a freelancer told you he was passing on the expense to you, then you were free to decline he rate/proposal. 3.5% is a processing fee, not a commission. Your bank charges similar fees for processing credit card payments. 

You did not properly vet your freelancer, then you did not fire them when they could not perform. Know the adage "hire slowly, fire fast." You seem to have done the opposite. 

Upwork is a platform to connect, but they are not supervisors of freelancers. When you hire a freelancer it is up to you to supervise them, and there are plenty of rules in place to protect clients, if you follow them. 

If you want your money back you can ask the freelancer for a full refund, or you can try for a dispute, if it was fixed price and not hourly. You can dispute hours on an hourly contract if you're still within the window. 

As a client, when you close the contract you can also leave feedback for the freelancer, and this significantly impacts their profile on Upwork. You have a lot of power, which you don't seem to realize. But you have to be in charge of your own account, project, and hires. 

Saw Wah:

You have a LOT ideas about how a freelance work platform should work. I respect that. I respect the fact that you were disappointed by your experience in hiring a freelancer on Upwork, and you have been thinking about what you would like to see.

Ultimately you will need to decide among actions you would like to take. You may do none of these or one of these or more than one of these:

- I would like to learn more about how to use Upwork effectively as a client.

- I would like to learn more about what Upwork is really like, rather than simply imagining what it is like or assuming what it is like based on preconceptions about how I think it should work.

- I would like to make a specific suggestion to Upwork and discuss my idea with people on the Forum. We could discuss the feasibility of that idea. We could discuss whether or not some of what I am suggesting is already in place.

- I would like to tell people more about a specific experience I had while using Upwork. I would like to receive advice about how I could have handled things differently, and ask for advice about what I can do now to help achieve my goals.

- I would like to create a freelance work platform that perfectly reflects my own ideas about how such a platform works.

Please see what freelancer reply.

I said i will mark line on image where EA open trdaes, i mark in image none trade was as i asked and freelancer rply trades are open nexxt to your mark place.

What kind of FREELANCER Upwork have.
I feel like i get STUCK in SCAM.

See attached image.
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

re: "What kind of FREELANCER Upwork have. I feel like i get STUCK in SCAM."

I feel like you are stuck on the notion that that there is only one freelancer that can be hired through Upwork. Or you are stuck on the notion that one freelancer who you hired is representative of all Upwork freelancers.

How many freelancers have you actually hired?

If you only hired one freelancer, then I am genuinely sorry that your experience hiring that ONE freelancer was disappointing. But the only thing you have learned is that not EVERY freelancer is a perfect fit for your project.

If you would like to hire another freelancer, you may do so.

If you would like to never again hire anybody else from Upwork, you may do so.

But hiring only one freelancer and then concluding that the Upwork platform as a whole (which has hundreds of thousands of active clients and freelancers) is a scam? You have arrived at a counter-factual conclusion based on a paucity of evidence.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths