🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Freelancer does not currently have access...
Page options
1174aadc
Community Member

Freelancer does not currently have access to Upwork

Hi. I want ask what happened to a freelancer's account, because when I opened our discussion, it has a statement " *freelancer's name* does not currently have access to Upwork and will not receive messages until access is restored"?

When I viewed his profile, it says "This profile is no longer available.". This is the first time I encountered this, so I don't know what could have caused this, or what is the problem.

Could it be that his account was suspended? or he just deactivated it?

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
melaniekhenson
Community Member

This is just a guess, but could it be that she's been asked to video-chat verify her account (that happens randomly, apparently) before continuing her projects?

I actually had this happen this morning, though I doubt my clients noticed anything, so I'm not sure if this is exaclty the same situation, but I got the notification that Upwork wanted to verify my account via video chat (something I've heard about on here). I answered pretty much right away and was reinstated, but I noticed that the original email said that "a temporary hold" had been placed on my account (just for an hour or so, as it turns out) until I was able to place the call. It didn't specifically say the hold included not receiving messages but...maybe?

If not, hopefully someone will be along shortly who knows the exact answer here.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
melaniekhenson
Community Member

This is just a guess, but could it be that she's been asked to video-chat verify her account (that happens randomly, apparently) before continuing her projects?

I actually had this happen this morning, though I doubt my clients noticed anything, so I'm not sure if this is exaclty the same situation, but I got the notification that Upwork wanted to verify my account via video chat (something I've heard about on here). I answered pretty much right away and was reinstated, but I noticed that the original email said that "a temporary hold" had been placed on my account (just for an hour or so, as it turns out) until I was able to place the call. It didn't specifically say the hold included not receiving messages but...maybe?

If not, hopefully someone will be along shortly who knows the exact answer here.

Sorry...that should say his account, not her account.

if that's the case, will it take longer days before his account is restored?

Mine was active again immediately following the vid chat.

Hi Melanie,

Note that the message OP shared isn't related to the profile verification process.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Melanie,

Note that the message OP shared isn't related to the profile verification process.

Right...but I know I was requested to video verify AFTER I had already completed a bunch of jobs and, technically, had been verified (or I wouldn't have been able to get work), so I was just throwing it out there. 🙂

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kimberly,

While we can't comment on specific account issues in the Community, our team is communicating with your freelancer regarding an issue with their account, due to which they aren't able to respond to your question in Messages.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi guys, thank you for the replies. 

i was able to get a reply from the freelancer and he said that his account was suspended due to hacking attempts. everything is okay now ..

@Kimberly N wrote:

i was able to get a reply from the freelancer and he said that his account was suspended due to hacking attempts. everything is okay now ..

Kimberly, was the freelancer's original Upwork account restored? 

hi. sorry for the late reply. yes i think so, because they said things are now back to normal .

Hi Kimberly,

That's great to hear. Should you need an addiitional help, please don't hesitate to reach out. Have a great day!

- Aaron
Untitled

@Kimberly N wrote:

Oh, good to hear!

petra_r
Community Member

@Kimberly N wrote:

Hi. I want ask what happened to a freelancer's account, because when I opened our discussion, it has a statement " *freelancer's name* does not currently have access to Upwork and will not receive messages until access is restored"?

When I viewed his profile, it says "This profile is no longer available.". This is the first time I encountered this, so I don't know what could have caused this, or what is the problem.

Could it be that his account was suspended? or he just deactivated it?

It sounds like the freelancer was suspended. Whether temporarily or permanently depends on the reason for the suspension.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths