🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Freelancer does not respond to my message...
Page options
256d9aa1
Community Member

Freelancer does not respond to my messages

Hi 

I am currently hiring a freelancer to collect data for me. On 22 July 2020 (wed), he told me he will submit partial work on Saturday. However, after that, no more messages from him. I have sent messages to the freelancer on 31 July and 5 Auguest, but no any reply until now. I would like to ask the community what I should do next? Can upwork help me to get in touch with the freelancer?

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Yihan G wrote:

I am currently hiring a freelancer to collect data for me. On 22 July 2020 (wed), he told me he will submit partial work on Saturday. However, after that, no more messages from him. I have sent messages to the freelancer on 31 July and 5 Auguest, but no any reply until now. I would like to ask the community what I should do next?

Close the contract and hire someone else.

NikolaS

Hi Yihan,

I am sorry to hear about you experience with this contract. We will have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern and advice you on further steps. Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Nikola
Upwork

It is kind of the Forum Moderator to offer assistance. But ultimately this is something that clients need to learn to deal with on their own, without involving Upwork employees.

Upwork is not going to step in and do the data collection activities themselves. Experienced clients understand how to use Upwork as a tool, and a big part of that is understanding the utility in hiring MULTIPLE freelancers.

A single freelancer may stop working. She may win the lottery and stop freelancing. She may adopt a puppy. She may die. She may fall in love. She may simply become bored with your project. It could be anything.

Do you really want somebody from Upwork to reach out and cajole a disinterested freelancer into doing more work from you? Or do you want to hire other people who will really be part of your team?

For many clients, having this one freelancer stop responding would not be an issue. They would assign the work to members of their team who are already trained to do the work.

6f636fe4
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I also have same issue like previous person. Because I set the due date (3/4/21) for the work, and my hires contacted with me via upwork message very well before 3/3/21. And also, she said she will start her work. But untill today(3/5/21), I got no reply form her. I try to contact with her via 3 types of phone calls that upwork provided, but still, no one replys. What should I do?

Sincerely,

Zhiyin

Hi Zhiyin,

I checked but was not able to find an open contract on your account. Are you referring to the offer you recently sent to a freelancer? If so, please know that this offer is pending and the freelancer has not accepted the contract yet. Please check out this help article to learn more about offers.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
6f636fe4
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your replying.

After reviewing proposal and having a few conversations with freelancer, I clicked the "Hire" button. However, it shows I already hired a person in the first picture, but the offer is pensing in the next picture. Based on my understanding, I still need to wait for the freelancer to accept, right? Besides, because I don't know when the freelancer replies to me, is that possible to look for other freelancer at the same time? I already deposited the first milestone fee once, then who will get this depostied money?

Thanks,

Zhiyin

Hi Zhiyin,

Yes, you can even hire more than one freelancer using the same job post! About the funds in Escrow, if a contract has not yet started and an offer is withdrawn, rejected, or expired, any funds deposited into escrow will be refunded. Refunds can take up to five business days to be credited.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Zhiyin, you may hire as many freelancers as you want to for the same task. In many situations it is a mistake for a client to hire only one person.  As a client, I usually only hire one person per job. But for some jobs I have hired between ten to twenty freelancers.

If you want maximum flexibility when hiring multiple freelancers, use hourly contracts. That makes it easier to end contracts, because no money is tied up in escrow.

And of course... you actually need to hire freelancers... not merely send them an offer.

As the moderator pointed out... you were waiting to receive work from a freelancer who had not even accepted your hire offer.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths