🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Freelancer does not respond
Page options
aneeshaa
Community Member

Freelancer does not respond

We have contracted a freelancer who was supposed to deliver the first milestone on 26th march but stopped responding to any requests for updates. We have told her we can wait till 31st march for her reply but don't recieve any reply. Timing is important for this project. We request Upwork customer support to please contact her on our behalf. What should we do if she continues to be unresponsive?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aneesha,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Aneesha A wrote:
What should we do if she continues to be unresponsive?

End the contract now and hire someone else. There is no point asking Upwork to contact her, she is clearly not able or interested in doing the job if the first milestone was due on the 26th.

ae785e78
Community Member

Petra, my new freelancer is also unresponsive. She said she would be in contact to give me an update but she did not. I have no milestone set but weird things happened on my Wordpress website that she is working on. She has all logins and I am nervous because she does not respond. She also has no logged hours. What should I do?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aneesha,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you. I see that the concerned freelancer has a past rating describing 'a no show' although she has many positive ratings. I believe Upwork should have some mechanisms in place to discourgae people from overbidding for many proposals and abandoning ones they can't manage. I suggest a reversal of the rating pop-up so 'no show' reports show up first instead of five star ratings. Also if this is just let go more clinents will face the same issue so some penatly against repeated no shows should be imposed. 

Aneesha

Thank you for your feedback Aneesha, I will share this with our team.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths