🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Freelancer does not want to do the job ti...
Page options
8c8dd309
Community Member

Freelancer does not want to do the job till the end

Hello all of Upwork community.

I have one question for you. 

Basically I posted a job like a month ago and agreed to hire one freelancer. Now the problem is that he does not want to do everything which was written in the offer / contract. He is saying that work needed to be done was not written in the job description - Which is true. Job description was posted for public that freelancers can apply on it. But later after we talked a bit about the project I made an offer where I clearly stated what work needs to be done. Please take a look at the screenshoot in attachments. And he agreed and accepted the offer which is contract with client and freelancer at the end and this should count if I understand everything correctly, right? - not job initial description.

As you can see I wrote that he would need to send video of working prototype and then sending it to my home with tracking number. He does not want to do this part. And I also wrote that all the work needs to be done for him to get paid. Also during the project we had conversation he told me 2 times that he will send video and also physical prototype to my home...

So I am asking you what should I do. He opened dispute and claiming that he did his work eventhough he did not. He only made digital files, but did not provide video of working prototype and he do not want to send it to my home with tracking number. 

What should I do that Upwork will solve this problem in my favour, because I really do not want to loose money on something I did not get.

Thank you for all your answers and help.

Best regards, Lutz

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Milestone One says "... to figure out how the competitor product you want someone to copy works..."

Upwork will not "sort it out" - if dispute mediation does not resolve it, you may pay $ 291 to take it to arbitration. To be honest this looks like sccope creep to me.  The agreed price may be appropriate for "figuring out how XYZ" works.

But build it and send it by international tracked postage?

Scope creep. Creating a job posting for one thing and then sneaking in the bulk of the (expensive / time-consuming) requirements at the end, probably hoping that the poor "English as a second language" freelancer at the other end of the world does not catch it.

8c8dd309
Community Member

No he is perfectly fine with english... 

Prior to this offer we were talking about everything, he agreed with everything and he even checked the postage fees and everything. Everything was clear to him. And before I wrote that offer we were talking for a few days if he can do it. He said he can and agreed with this price and everything. Even during the project he said few times he will do it, asking for my address and everything. About the price you are talking about. You know 100$ in one country means a lot more than in another country. This is economics. 

In attachments here are more evidence that he was completely aware of the project.

Lutz S wrote:

No he is perfectly fine with english... 

Prior to this offer we were talking about everything, he agreed with everything and he even checked the postage fees and everything. Everything was clear to him. And before I wrote that offer we were talking for a few days if he can do it. He said he can and agreed with this price and everything. Even during the project he said few times he will do it, asking for my address and everything. About the price you are talking about. You know 100$ in one country means a lot more than in another country. This is economics. 

In attachments here are more evidence that he was completely aware of the project.

There is nothing anybody on the forum can do about this problem. You need to follow all the advice and instructions given by Upwork's customer support. If the freelancer has not delivered the work or any part of it, then he will not win the dispute. If he has delivered part of the work, perhaps you could come to some sort of arrangement with him. You also have the upper hand as far as feedback is concerned. 

As an aside, naming and shaming on the forum is not allowed, so you should remove the attachment where you publicly display the freelancer's name. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths