🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer doesn't do any job related to my p...
Page options
a71af9ec
Community Member

Freelancer doesn't do any job related to my post and wanted me to pay

he did nothing related to my job, and asked me to pay per hour but i listed on my job post its a commission based job.

can someone help me? any staff? i couldnt get into a support live chat

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Jason,

I can see that you've paused your contracts, that's the right thing to do if you don't want your freelancer to work any more hours. At this time, I would suggest you discuss the situation with the freelancer, until the workweek is over on Sunday and up to Monday morning, they have the ability to edit their Work Diary and remove hours. If they don't, rest assured, you'll still be able to dispute the hours. You can learn how to file a dispute on an Hourly Contract here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Upwork doesn't support commission based jobs. 

AndreaG

Hi Jason,

I can see that you've paused your contracts, that's the right thing to do if you don't want your freelancer to work any more hours. At this time, I would suggest you discuss the situation with the freelancer, until the workweek is over on Sunday and up to Monday morning, they have the ability to edit their Work Diary and remove hours. If they don't, rest assured, you'll still be able to dispute the hours. You can learn how to file a dispute on an Hourly Contract here.

~Andrea
Upwork
a71af9ec
Community Member

Hi, yes i paused the contract but the freelancer isn't responsive to me.

i wanna dispute it soon, thank you for your help!

prestonhunter
Community Member

You don't need to contact Upwork Customer Support.

You don't need live chat.

Feel free to ask any questions you have right here in this thread.

But very basic concept:
If you don't love the work that a freelancer is doing, then end the contract and assign work to other members of your team.

Upwork places no restrictions whatsoever on a client's ability to end contracts. You may end a contract at any time. For any reason. Or for no reason at all.

okay, thanks i just wanna get help asap, but this forum seems active

re: "okay, thanks i just wanna get help asap, but this forum seems active"

You are correct. This Forum is active.

We can provide you with all the help that you need right here, by answering your questions about how to manage situations with freelancers.

petra_r
Community Member

With hourly contracts, if the freelancer tracked their time properly, with meaningful work memos, decent activity levels, and screenshots showing them working on the work on your project, their payment is protected

If not, you have 5 days after being charged to dispute.

Commision only doesn't work with an hourly contract.

a71af9ec
Community Member

Well, we've agreed on commision based payments from the start, and if they doesnt want to work they can just cancel the contract and tell me, now they're being inactive..

and i cant dispute it because i dont find any dispute button on the contract, they arent being responsive so i cant do anything.

re: "and i cant dispute it because i dont find any dispute button on the contract, they arent being responsive so i cant do anything."

You CAN do many things. These include:

Forget about trying to "dispute." Dispute thinking hurts clients. Move on.

Hire other freelancers to continue the project. Stop trying to communicate with or work with a person who clearly does not want to be on your team.

Ask questions here in the Forum. Ask as many questions as you want. It is free to do so. Ask about how you can use Upwork effectively. Ask about what wrong with this last freelancer. The more you ask, the more you learn. Knowledge is power. I am a very powerful client on Upwork and I can use the platform to achieve my goals because I have a deep understanding of how the tool works. You can be like that, too.

deborah-ponzio
Community Member

I see no dispute if an hourly contract was proposed and accepted and the working hours were properly recorded via the time tracker. I personally do not see the Upwork contract model as compatible with commission-based projects, it's likely to create many issues, although many insist on posting commission-based jobs. Just my view 😉

yes i tried to check on my contract, i see no dispute button. But I have confirmed them before they start to work that they have agreed and understood my job posting well, so there is no excuse to not agree to my job

re: "yes i tried to check on my contract, i see no dispute button. But I have confirmed them before they start to work that they have agreed and understood my job posting well, so there is no excuse to not agree to my job"

You should not care so much about what they say or think. Instead, put yourself and your project first.

Focus now on moving forward with your project and achieving your goals.

That freelancer does not deserve any more of your time and effort. You owe him nothing.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths