🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer ended contract without finishing t...
Page options
78d00a12
Community Member

Freelancer ended contract without finishing the job and money was taken from my debit card

Hello! I had a client who was going to help me with a script and where I had created a contract and the client accepted. However, the client canceled the contract out of nowhere without notifying me or what it entails. What does this mean? $10 was deducted from my bank card, will I get my money back? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Nemanja,

Apologies for the confusion here. I checked your Transaction History and can confirm that you have a refund to your card from last Friday. You can also confirm this by navigating to Feb 23th on your Transaction History. Refunds can take up to 5 business days to show on your card statement, so you should see it this week. If not, please feel free to post again on this thread and we'll be happy to assist you further. 

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
spectralua
Community Member

Freelancer able to close contract at any time. You too.

All money from escrow will be refunded.

I didn't pay her out any of the money, when I created the contract, the money was automatically withdrawn from my account! when she closed the contract she said that upwork informed her that upwork would refund me! I still have the money as  withdrawn from my bank card from upwork and have not got back the amount yet! how long does it take or can you reach upwork in some other way! thanks for the help!

Is it any possibility to email upwork directly about this?

Hi Nemanja,

Apologies for the confusion here. I checked your Transaction History and can confirm that you have a refund to your card from last Friday. You can also confirm this by navigating to Feb 23th on your Transaction History. Refunds can take up to 5 business days to show on your card statement, so you should see it this week. If not, please feel free to post again on this thread and we'll be happy to assist you further. 

~Andrea
Upwork
78d00a12
Community Member

Thank you Andrea!

williamtcooper
Community Member

Clients and freelancers can close a Contract at anytime.

Contact the person if there was a misunderstanding and work it out.

I didn't pay her out any of the money, when I created the contract, the money was automatically withdrawn from my account! when she closed the contract she said that upwork informed her that upwork would refund me! I still have the money as  withdrawn from my bank card from upwork and have not got back the amount yet! how long does it take or can you reach upwork in some other way! thanks for the help!

Is it any possibility to email upwork directly about this?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths