🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer ended contract without finishing t...
Page options
brward7
Community Member

Freelancer ended contract without finishing the work. How long before I can expect a refund?

The freelancer ended the contract without any communication and now the contract says it is "Completed". Since the freelancer did not complete the work and I did not approve payment, it is confusing to see the status of the contract as "Completed". When can I expect to see the refund processed?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You don't need to request a refund of the money in escrow. This happens automatically after you close the contract,  unless the freelancer disputes the refund. Your screenshot shows nothing in escrow,  which probably means that the freelancer has already approved the refund. However the money may take a few days to reach your credit card account.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Brandon,

I'm sorry to hear that. You can request a refund from the freelancer by following the steps below:

1. Go to Jobs   My Jobs and click the title of the contract
  2. Click the (…) options menu and select Request a refund
  3. Complete the request form and click Send Request

If the refund is approved by the freelancer, it's automatically credited back to your billing method immediately. It may take 3-5 business days for the credit to be available to you. You can check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
brward7
Community Member

When I go to the contract and click request refund, there is no option in the "Select an invoice" dropdown so I cannot complete the refund request. Not sure what to do.

UPW1.JPGUPW2.JPG

Hi Brandon,

As there are no payments made on the contract, you can't issue/ request for a refund.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

You don't need to request a refund of the money in escrow. This happens automatically after you close the contract,  unless the freelancer disputes the refund. Your screenshot shows nothing in escrow,  which probably means that the freelancer has already approved the refund. However the money may take a few days to reach your credit card account.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths