🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Freelancer ghosted and never completed co...
Page options
469a8396
Community Member

Freelancer ghosted and never completed contract but Upwork shows contract complete

Hello,

My first ghostwrieter engagement did not go as well as I had hoped for.  The freelancer dutifully hit the first milesotne delivery but when I asked for the second the freelancer totally disappeared and took $150 for the work already delivered.  I dont really care much about the money as she did delvier a product.  My big concern is that it show complete on her profile and that is absoultely incorrect.  How do I get this corrected?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
arooj78
Community Member

$150 was for the first milestone only or for both?
You can write about this experience in her feedback or create a ticket for incomplete delivery if the agreed amount was for both milestones. If that's not the case, you can let it go.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "How do I get this corrected?"

There's probably nothing you can do.

As a client who has hired over 180 freelancers, my advice to you is to not worry about this. None of my users care about these freelancers. They care about the finished product I present to them.

tlsanders
Community Member

Complete doesn't mean anything except that some money changed hands and the contract is closed.

I get that and the money was returned.  However, the GW profile still shows project was completed when in fact it was not.  It is misleading to anyone else possibly thinking of hiring this GW.

re: "I get that and the money was returned. However, the GW profile still shows project was completed when in fact it was not. It is misleading to anyone else possibly thinking of hiring this GW."

George:

I can tell that you are a conscientious person who wants what is best for others. But you don't need to worry about this.

You should put yourself and your project first. You do not owe anything else to this freelancer, and you do not owe anything else to Upwork or other clients.

arooj78
Community Member

$150 was for the first milestone only or for both?
You can write about this experience in her feedback or create a ticket for incomplete delivery if the agreed amount was for both milestones. If that's not the case, you can let it go.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths