🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer has not delivered the work and has...
Page options
244a0433
Community Member

Freelancer has not delivered the work and has blocked me

Hi,

I have a project where there requires a lot of forth and back when designing. The freelancer has decided to not be responsive, block me and now the escrow has been released. 

I have got a fraction of what I have paid for and it's quite worrying that something like this Upwork does not have a direct way to contact them to resolve this. I have requested a refund and in response the freelancer thought it would be wise to avoid communication, take the amount and not deliver the work.

How do I get my funds back??

2 REPLIES 2
NikolaS

Hi Adel,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Adel S wrote:

I have a project where there requires a lot of forth and back when designing. The freelancer has decided to not be responsive, block me and now the escrow has been released. 

How much money are we talking about?

Why did you let the milestone auto-release rather than requesting changes? That is the correct way to handle "back and forth" on a submitted milestone. Going back and forth for 14 days is not.

There also no need for going back and forth. There should be a proper job description, the freelancer does the work, submits it, and if what was requested has been done, the client pays. If the client wants different options or visuals, the client is free to set up further milestones and pay for the additional work that way. Or the client can pay and rehire the freelancer on an hourly contract. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths