🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer has not provided the service and h...
Page options
2f6651db
Community Member

Freelancer has not provided the service and has gone silent.

This is only the second time I have used Upwork and I feel scammed. 

I entered into a contract for 3 hours work. The freelancer made appointments to share their work but cancelled each time. Money has been taken from my account and I am planning to ask my bank to action a refund. 

The processes for requesting a refund via Upwork were hard to find and it looks like there was a window in which I had to make a refund claim that I think I have missed. 

Has anyone experienced the same issue? 

I was about to hire another freelancer but this experience means I won't use Upwork again.

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robert,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I have escalated your issue to our executive escalations team. They will reach out to you as soon as possible to look into this case and assist you accordingly.

Thanks so much for your patience! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jr-translation
Community Member

Robert D wrote:

This is only the second time I have used Upwork and I feel scammed. 

I entered into a contract for 3 hours work. The freelancer made appointments to share their work but cancelled each time. Money has been taken from my account and I am planning to ask my bank to action a refund. 

The processes for requesting a refund via Upwork were hard to find and it looks like there was a window in which I had to make a refund claim that I think I have missed. 

Has anyone experienced the same issue? 

I was about to hire another freelancer but this experience means I won't use Upwork again.

Close the contract and leave an honest feedback with a warning to other clients. This sometimes inspires freelancers to refund.

For the next job hire a freelancer at a fixed rate. This way you have more controll and only need to release the payment when the work has been completed.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths