cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancer has provided very very poor quality work, can i stop him from receiving funds?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
11 of 15

sounds like another stolen profile

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
12 of 15

Stolen portfolio items?

Maybe. But without looking further into this, we can't know that for certain.

It's art.

It's subjective.

It is possble that the art in the freelancer's portfolio IS STOLEN. He just copied it from the Internet.

It is ALSO POSSIBLE that the work was all created purely by himself. But that it took him longer to create those portfolio pieces than the client realizes. Possibly doing very rough sketches is the first step in this artist's method and the end result, after many hours, is the polished pieces shown in the portfolio.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
13 of 15

I'm going with stolen profile. OP we want to see!

Ace Contributor
João P Member Since: May 23, 2017
15 of 15

Hi Steven,

Honestly, to me it's not a question of quality of the work - both are acceptable to me. But the direction of the brief.

Did the freelancer share drawings / concepts / moodboards before showing the final proposal?
Did you provide with relevant examples to guide the freelancer in the right direction?

Again, I can believe that it took 8hrs for someone to create this website proposal. But those are 2 very different approaches to a car dealer website.

Perhaps the freelancer missunderstood the brief or it wasn't provided with enough information about exactly what you wanted.

Have you talked to the freelancer about this? About your expectations vs the work you got?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
15 of 15

Hi Steven,

I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with the work your freelancer delivered. Please note that on Hourly contracts you're paying for the freelancer's time spent working on your contract and not for the quality of their work. If you have an issue with the work they delivered, pause the contract and communicate with them and try to resolve the problem directly. If you can't reach an agreement, use the option to initiate a dispute and our agent will follow up with you directly with more information.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS