🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer id fail to deliver project
Page options
dfc5d33a
Community Member

Freelancer id fail to deliver project

Hi i place order with Freelancer.
After discussing everything we discuss project 220 USD and 3 days to complete.
i place order on 28th Feb 2021.
March 4th and coder said in Morning on 3rd March he is testing but after that neither he reply nor he deliver anything.

Please guide me how long client have to wait .
and who will bear the banking transfer cost if freelancer fail to deliver project.
Why when Freelancer can not complete project client have to pay charges to Upwork as well banking charges.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Please guide me how long client have to wait."

That is up to you.

A client might work with a freelancer on a project that takes many years to complete.

A client might hire a freelancer to work on them immediately.

I once hired a freelancer to work with me immediately, but they didn't show up immediately, and I closed the contract five minutes after hiring them, and I hired somebody else who was genuinely available at the time.

If you had a project that truly had an important deadline, then I would ask you a few questions:

- Why did you hire only one freelancer?

- Why did you hire using a fixed-price contract?

If I have a very important deadline, then here is an example of what I do:

I need a freelancer to create a BTZ-789 file based on this spreadsheet.

I need this done by Friday.

I have NOT hired freelancers to do this before, so I do NOT have a "go to" person that I know can do this type of work reliably and on time every time I ask. I only have the option to work with new people who I have never worked with before.

I post the job, and hire FOUR freelancers, using an hourly contract.

I tell them that the deadline is Friday at noon. I also tell them that this is a TEAM PROJECT, but that each team member will be working independently. I tell them that when the project is done, the contracts will be ended.

I hired Janet, Peter, John and Rosanne.

Janet and Peter created the BTZ-789 file and sent it to me. They both did a great job. They were paid for their work.

John and Rosanne did nothing. They logged no time. They were paid nothing.

I got the work done on time.

I did NOT tie up any money in escrow. I did not need to worry about getting any money back.

Preston H wrote:

If you had a project that truly had an important deadline, then I would ask you a few questions:

- Why did you hire only one freelancer?

- Why did you hire using a fixed-price contract?

Presumably because his budget was $ 220 and not 3+ times that.

Presumably because he didn't need the work done 2 or 3 times, just once, like the vast majority of clients?

Preston H wrote:

I post the job, and hire FOUR freelancers, using an hourly contract.

I got the work done on time.

And paid way more. Which is (allegedly) perfectly fine with you, but it isn't for most clients, especially clients with a limited budget.

It also matters less for the kind of very small contracts you hire for.

Keep in mind that the client told all four freelancers that this is a group project, and told them that the project is over once the needed work has been completed.

So if a client wants to, she can close the contracts on all four freelancers as soon as she receives the file. If only one freelancer has logged time, then the client will only pay one person.

This does not guarantee that the client will only pay one person. Remember: this strategy is used by a client who has a tight deadline and doesn't have a "go to" freelancer.

This is a very basic concept and it is not limited to only one budget level.

If someone is on a very tight budget, then this is not the right strategy. But if a client has a very tight deadline and that deadline is more important than minimizing dollar expenditure, then the correct strategy is to hire multiple people using hourly contracts.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths