🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer is blackmailing me for 5 stars
Page options
sonar004
Community Member

Freelancer is blackmailing me for 5 stars

I had a big job posting that I've split into 3 big milestones.

After two successful milestones, I've received an APK that fits my needs, the third and the only important milestone was never completed.

The freelancer didn't share the code, closed the contract(!! how can he do that without me confirming??), and started to ignore my messages.

The only message he replied to is "at the very least, send me the code and I will continue from there" - he is ready to send me the code if I will rate him 5 stars before.

I really don't care about the rating (even that my overall is not even 2 stars), I'm afraid I won't get the code after I will rate him.

What can I do now? Ideally, I wish I had my money back and start over with someone else.

I've asked for a refund, but I don't really see what's up with that...

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sefi,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had with your freelancer. Our team has reached out to you via ticket and email to assist you further with your freelancer and your contract. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jr-translation
Community Member

Sefi E wrote:

I had a big job posting that I've split into 3 big milestones.

After two successful milestones, I've received an APK that fits my needs, the third and the only important milestone was never completed.

The freelancer didn't share the code, closed the contract(!! how can he do that without me confirming??), and started to ignore my messages.

The only message he replied to is "at the very least, send me the code and I will continue from there" - he is ready to send me the code if I will rate him 5 stars before.

I really don't care about the rating (even that my overall is not even 2 stars), I'm afraid I won't get the code after I will rate him.

What can I do now? Ideally, I wish I had my money back and start over with someone else.

I've asked for a refund, but I don't really see what's up with that...

Thanks

Freelancers and clients can close a contract at any time, so it was the freelancer's right to stop after 2 milestones. Like it or not.

Nontheless it takes two to play the feedback game:
Here's is what I would do.

1. Leave an honest feedback.

2. Offer the freelancer to change the feedback if he hands over the work and allows you to change it to a 5*. Once he allows it, you have 14 days to change the feedback as often as you like. Smiley Wink

3. Change the feedback in exchange for the code.

4. Once you have the code, verify it.

5. Then change the feedback again and tell other clients what has happened.

BUT: You need to pay for the code or you cannot use it.

2a05aa63
Community Member

I'd suggest leaving an honest detailed review. If he is that afraid of them then he'll refund the money to get the feedback removed, unless they are top rated and don't have a "feedback has been removed" in the last 10 contracts.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths