🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer is not responding to fund the hour...
Page options
54b07565
Community Member

Freelancer is not responding to fund the hourly contract

Hello, 

I have a hourly contract with a freelancer and he didn't delivered what I expected, now I requested for fund and also I contact him but didn't got any response.

What is the solution in this case.

8 REPLIES 8
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahmed, 

I'm sorry to learn about your freelancer being unresponsive. If the freelancer or agency declines to give a refund or you don't hear back at all, you may still be able to dispute the charges. You may check out the section "Refused refund requests" section in this article for more information on how you can move forward with this refund request. 

If you need further help, please don't hesitate to update this thread, and our team will assist you.

~ Avery
Upwork
54b07565
Community Member

Hi Avery 

Thank you for your quick response, actually I can file a dispute, what it shown in the article “during the five days after the billing period closes” and all the periods that is charged it exceeded five days.

Best regards 

I can't*** file a dispute

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahmed, 

I looked into this further, and it seems you missed the period to dispute the hours the freelancer logged on your contract. However, Upwork can provide mediation assistance for payments made in the last 30-days. 

Let me go ahead and request the team's assistance regarding your concern so that they can reach out to you and assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
54b07565
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Appreciate your support.

Best regards,

petra_r
Community Member

You need to understand that "mediation" can't do anything other than ask the freelancer to offer some cooperation or to consider a refund. Upwork can't MAKE the freelancer refund you.

On an hourly contracts you pay for the time that was worked, not any end product. 

The period you can dispute is always the previous week's hours. So this week you could dispute last week's hours (ONLY) and only if the hours were not tracked in accordance with the terms. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: “I have a hourly contract with a freelancer and he didn't delivered what I expected, now I requested for fund and also I contact him but didn't got any response. What is the solution in this case?”

Simple:

Close the contract.

Hire other freelancers.

re: “I can't file a dispute”

The time for filing a dispute on an hourly contract is within the first five days after the work week ends. That time has now passed.

How much money in total did you pay to this freelancer?
What work did he do for you before he stopped responding?

How many weeks was he working?

Hi Preston,

Appreciate your valuable response.

Please find the answer for your questions: 

How much money in total did you pay to this freelancer?

- $1380, devided in 5 payments and the first invoice was for 09/06/2021 - 09/12/2021

What work did he do for you before he stopped responding?

- He sent me the link to test the app but I founded there is a lot of work is missed and I'm not satisfied with what he delivered, moreover, I offered to pay him $300 for the effort that he did, but didn't got any response, then I requested a refund for 4 payments only.

How many weeks was he working?

- The work started on September 10, 2021.

Best regards,

Latest Articles
Learning Paths