🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer is not showing me any work after 5...
Page options
Community Member

Freelancer is not showing me any work after 5 months

Hello,

I am under the impression that I have been scammed a large amount of money to develop an app. It has been 5 months since I hired freelancer in November and I have not received any work that reflects what I paid him to do. Every time I ask for updates on progress he runs around in circles and blames me for every delay he could possibly come up with. He has been extremely unprofessional throughout the whole ordeal and regret letting it drag out this long with hopes that he will do the work. He keeps pushing the date back on when I could see any work and to this day I literally do not see any app. He says he has 80% of it done but did not reply the last time I asked for a meeting to see his progress. I need help either getting the code he says he has done so I can end the contract or help me get a refund for some of the amount I paid. I believe he is a scammer and should NOT be on this platform anymore.

3 REPLIES 3
richardrader
Community Member

This does seem like a scammer. Ideally all files should be provided to you on your own server or somewhere you have ownership of as the project is being worked on. Is this a fixed rate project or an hourly project. If its an hourly project have you checked the work diaries? If its a fixed rate project have you paid the freelancer any of the milestones?

prestonhunter
Community Member

Arriane:

You THINK that you have a problem freelancer.

Well... you are CORRECT!

But... you also have a much bigger problem.

Your BIGGER problem is your project manager.

Until you understand this, your project will fail.

Please ASK if you have questions about this.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this freelancer, Arriane!

I have escalated your issue to our executive escalations team. They will reach out to you directly as soon as possible to assist you with this case.

Thanks so much for your patience! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths