🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer is threatening me legally
Page options
15a9c877
Community Member

Freelancer is threatening me legally

Hi,

I am new to Upwork and totally devastated with my experience w/ my freelancer. My freelancer did not comply with terms of the agreement In my job offer and submits the work a entire day late. I informed the freelancer of the errors in the documents prepared but was ignored on at least 6 attempts of resolving the issues. After receiving the document an entire day late I finally submitted the legal document via the filing system. After filing, I observed the documents were flawed still. I contacted the freelancer and she refused to correct the issue since she had other deadlines. I asked for an immediate refund and now she blackmailing me.
4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Zen,

I am sorry to hear about your experience working with the freelancer. I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out to you via ticket, providing further assistance. Thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork
colettelewis
Community Member

Zen S wrote:
Hi,

I am new to Upwork and totally devastated with my experience w/ my freelancer. My freelancer did not comply with terms of the agreement In my job offer and submits the work a entire day late. I informed the freelancer of the errors in the documents prepared but was ignored on at least 6 attempts of resolving the issues. After receiving the document an entire day late I finally submitted the legal document via the filing system. After filing, I observed the documents were flawed still. I contacted the freelancer and she refused to correct the issue since she had other deadlines. I asked for an immediate refund and now she blackmailing me.

The freelancer is out of line, and cannot take legal action against you (unless she is very, very rich with international lawyers to represent her). You can report her for inapproprate and unprofessional behaviour. Is this job hourly or fixed-price?  

Thanks for the response. Hourly. Is there anyway I can sue this person’s E&O for sabotaging my case?

I doubt that the freelancer has Errors and Omissions Insurance.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths