🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer keeps demanding money for job not ...
Page options
ddb8a934
Community Member

Freelancer keeps demanding money for job not complete

Is there a direct link to contact support for Upwork?

We hired a freelancer with no time frame to complete the job because we knew this was a huge undertaking.

I'll give the short story.

It seems like this person has hired outside help realizing they could not do the job.  Looks like through emails that different people are using this account because how aggressive the emails are, like a man is writing them demanding payment, then a woman sending emails that are totally written differently.  I believe the outsourced help they hired is just wanting to get paid, not sure what part of our job they did but maybe they finished it and are demanding their money.

First, it's an excuse of I'm pregnant and will be on leave in June so let's finish this quickly to YOU'RE SCAMMING ME.

The job is not finished.  There's still more to do and when I ask for corrections, it's like I'm talking to multiple people because it's done wrong and I have to show them proof of emails where they asked me for certain things and I did exactly that.

I don't care if they outsourced their work, I don't care if they want to lie about it.  All I care is that the job gets done and them to stop saying that every mistake they make, it's my fault, that i need to rush and finish everything so they can get paid.

Basically they are treating me like they are doing this for free and I'm not paying them.  The money is in escrow and they keep acting like they won't get paid.

The emails are getting worse and then I'll get a nice email like "ok dear, we will work with you, your satisfaction is important to me" and then "YOU'RE SCAMMING ME".

I cannot find a direct link to get help from Upwork about this.

7 REPLIES 7
kfarhan
Community Member

I think there is no direct link but you can use this https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us and then click get support

PradeepH

Hi Young,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear about your experience. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

i will need to keep my ticket open as he/she is being difficult and will try to resolve privately first but is being difficult and making excuses

re: "i will need to keep my ticket open as he/she is being difficult and will try to resolve privately first but is being difficult and making excuses"

You should not open a ticket. You should not ask Upwork for help.

All you are doing is elevating the importance of an undeserving freelancer. He does not deserve your time and attention.

You should put YOURSELF first. And put your project first.

prestonhunter
Community Member

You should NOT try to contact Upwork Support about this.

As a client, I have the buttons I need right at my fingertips. I have everything I need to handle a situation like this. I do NOT need to waste my time trying to contact Support.

If you don't know what to do, you should ask questions here in the Forum about what YOU can do.

ddb8a934
Community Member

i have asked and only you have responded.  i do not want to end the contract, then it will release the funds.  i do not want them to get paid.

These are instructions for getting escrow money back:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062058-Get-an-Escrow-Refund

But it's a gamble.

The screenshot you posted shows that the freelancer is requesting release of "partial" funds in the amount of over $600.

If you funded an initial esrow payment of over $600 with an unknown freelancer, that was a tactical mistake. You should have used an hourly contract or an initial escrow payment of only $50, for only the first step in the project.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths