cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancer keeps performance is very slow

Ahmed H Member Since: Sep 24, 2017
1 of 7

Hello,

I posted a project around 5 months ago; my project was clear; with a specific and straightforawrd requirements. 

The freelancer applied with an offer; promised to finish the project within 2 month. 

I can see their performance is very slow; he refused also to do multiple features wchich I requested and wrote them in the reqeuirements PDF; I also asked him to mention that he will do exactly as mentioned in the PDF and he did.

Now; it has been more than 5 month; and the project not seems to be ended soon; he asked for a raise and I accepted; but not paid yet. 

I started to be very mad. 

Could you please help me with the possible solutions for this siutation? since he doesn't to be helpful at all.

Thank you

Community Guru
Aron H Member Since: Mar 29, 2017
2 of 7

I am not sure what to tell you.

End the contract with him and hire a new freelancer?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 7

I agree with Aron. I don't think any software projects actually happen on time and on budget ha but 5 months when it was promised in 2 is being very patient and maybe it's time to smooth talk him into sending the code and finding someone else.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 7

Ahmed, why did you only hire one freelancer??

If you hired multiple freelancers the project might be done already.

How do you know the other freelancers who you didn't aren't much faster, better, and deliver quality programming for less money? You have nothing to compare this one to.

Should have hired six and only continued working with the two who were the best value and most productive.

Community Guru
Kholleras I Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
5 of 7

@Preston H wrote:

Should have hired six and only continued working with the two who were the best value and most productive.

Six?! The number of freelancers you recommend people hire seems to have increased. Do you think that every client is rich?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 7

re: "The number of freelancers you recommend people hire seems to have increased. Do you think that every client is rich?"

Heaven... Rich? What are you talking about?

The main reason to hire multiple developers on a project like this is to save money.

As in this example:

The client only hired ONE freelancer. That freelancer charges a lot to get each module done. But two of the other freelancers can get each module done for half the cost.

One freelancer charges $50/hour, but it takes her only an hour to do one module.

Another freelancer charges $10/hour and can do one module in 5 hours.

THESE are the freelancers the client failed to hire. These freelancers would have SAVED the client money.

Right now the client is paying a freelancer $50/hour, and that client takes five hours to do one module.

This is basic math.

Because the client only hired one person and did not discover which freelancer provides the best value, the client is paying way too much.

Vamsi K Member Since: Sep 21, 2017
7 of 7

here are the possible options

- if what he has done so far cannot be used, you then need to end the contract with him and not pay a dime because he wasted a lot of your valuable time

- if what he has done so far is usable, after testing, you can offer him a small payment to buy that part of work and end the contract amicably, but testing has to be done by third party and only then you need to go this route to save some time. 

- if he has stopped communicating, you can contact support or open a dispute and claim funds and end the contract

- if he is communicating and giving you fake assurances as it seems he has been doing, its time you end the contract because from what you mentioned, a lot of chances were given and its apparent he hasn't made the best use of them. 

What is the next option once this contract ends? As someone rightly pointed out, if this project demands a team, find and hire a competent team and let them know about your bad experience with this individual and give them a strict deadline to adhere to and also advise them to keep you informed regular with visual updates and not text based updates such as 'we are working, work is going on, will post update soon etc'

good luck and I hope things turn out better in coming days. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS