🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Freelancer keeps removing my feedback
Page options
julia24
Community Member

Freelancer keeps removing my feedback

Thank you to everyone who took time and posted helpful comments. I got it resolved by the escalation team. It's great to understand how the system works. As a client I value your intelligent input a lot. Thanks heaps!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julia, 

I'm sorry if this has inconvenienced you in any way. I'm not sure if I have the right ticket, but I can see that through your old chat ticket that your Customer Support Agent explained that since the feedback is double-blind, and the freelancer hasn't left feedback for the contract, your feedback will only appear on the freelancer's Work History once the 14-day feedback period is over. 

I can see that you are currently chatting with a Chat Agent but I'm not sure if it's for the same case. I wanted to share that Top Rated Freelancers have the option to remove feedback that they do not wish to be included in their Work History, and/or, Job Success Score calculations. You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
lysis10
Community Member

It's been a year. Why on earth are you obsessed with a freelancer you had a bad experience with a year ago? Don't you think it's time to move on?

julia24
Community Member

Jennifer, just because I spent thousands of dollars here and trust feedback left on the profiles. Now I am questioning the integrity of the platform. It bothers me that other people can have the same negative experience I did or I will struggle with another freelancer because some other client's feedback was removed and I didn't see it. Clearly something is going on..

If you can't help please move on.  No need to be not nice. Save your time 😉

jaliu
Community Member

i completely agree. and regarding the integrity of the platform, it doesn't have much. it gives freelancers every oppotunity to remove feedback easily be refund or by simply requesting it. don't bother leaving lengthy feedback like i did. the freelancer basically stole from me and called me fraudulent without basis even though i proved he was the one doing both those things. he even stated it publicly in his response before he removed it. upwork doesn't care.

I also just posted a new thread warning other clients and upwork deleted it immediately. they have no interest in a fair and transparent environment which is part of the reason they have these issues in the first place. the freelancer slandered and false advertised in his profile and they not only don't care but are trying to silence me.

versailles
Community Member

Jonathan L wrote:

i completely agree. and regarding the integrity of the platform, it doesn't have much. it gives freelancers every oppotunity to remove feedback easily be refund or by simply requesting it. 

You may want stop with this since you already read and understood how it works, and you know very well that: a) feedback removal is limited and b) refunding does squat to protect one's JSS since not only it solely removes the public feedback, which weights nada in the JSS, but refunding also weights against one's JSS (since it makes the contract a no earning contract and contracts without earnings have a bad influence on the JSS).

I understand that you're not happy by the fact that the poor performer you hired used this perk (they won't be able to to this again for three months and ten jobs), but you are totally overgeneralizing one case.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
jaliu
Community Member

yes, i do understand how it works, and i'm warning other clients. it appears you don't want me to do that. the remove feedback option removes impact on score.

versailles
Community Member

Jonathan L wrote:

yes, i do understand how it works, and i'm warning other clients. it appears you don't want me to do that. the remove feedback option removes impact on score.

I'm totally happy with clients knowing how this works. I just want them to get it from the help section and not from you, because you have some tendency to twist the reality out of anger:

Your Job Success Score on Upwork

Feedback Removal

-----------
31fccd17
Community Member

I have one question here Jonathan,

If we request for the feedback remove from our profile, does it also removes freelancer's response also? 

steve57
Community Member

I was am both freelancer and client on upwork. Just my client's experience is much less.

As a freelancer I can share my feelings: at some periods some of the clients want freelancer to do more than agreed for the same money. Some of them getting annoyed by asking about certain amount of changes but you get an agreement with limitation of additional work and payments. But some of them feel the power of their company and insist to do more without finding any legal compromises : like to do additional work but for a small price. Instead they insist to make it for free.

Actually instead of feedback removal for these cases I'd prefer paying fees for contract breaking without consequences.

It would prefer to leave a conflict when it happens without losses for all 3 sides. Both a client and freelancer could revise their behavior or find a better person. Breaking contracts by an agreement should be easier as far as divorcing. In order not to keep anger to each other. Sorry just thougs regarding this questions

Hi Jennifer

How are you?

I worked on a project for fixed price ($300) a few days ago.
he asked me for more and more revisions under low price. so I couldn't work with him.
he left me not nice review 1 stars.
I'd like to remove the feedback.

contract number : 21725488, "JSS Only"

Thank you

Best regards,
Michael

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julia, 

I'm sorry if this has inconvenienced you in any way. I'm not sure if I have the right ticket, but I can see that through your old chat ticket that your Customer Support Agent explained that since the feedback is double-blind, and the freelancer hasn't left feedback for the contract, your feedback will only appear on the freelancer's Work History once the 14-day feedback period is over. 

I can see that you are currently chatting with a Chat Agent but I'm not sure if it's for the same case. I wanted to share that Top Rated Freelancers have the option to remove feedback that they do not wish to be included in their Work History, and/or, Job Success Score calculations. You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork
julia24
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Thank you for your reply. My support ticket was escalated from the Customer Support Agent higher. 

Initially, feedback was published after 14 days then removed and then on my request published again. Now it's gone.

Just wondering if it's a normal practice with Upwork. 

kat303
Community Member

Julia J wrote:

Hi Avery,

Thank you for your reply. My support ticket was escalated from the Customer Support Agent higher. 

Initially, feedback was published after 14 days then removed and then on my request published again. Now it's gone.

Just wondering if it's a normal practice with Upwork. 

--------------------

I guess youi can call it normal. All freelancers who are rated "top rated" have the ability to remove any feedback they choose. Usually they remove negative feedback/bad reviews.

Kathy T wrote:

--------------------

I guess youi can call it normal. All freelancers who are rated "top rated" have the ability to remove any feedback they choose. Usually they remove negative feedback/bad reviews.

Not so fast. Requests for feedback removal for top rated freelancers may only be made every 3 months and after 10 or more completed contracts: Feedback Removal

-----------
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julia, 

I wanted to clarify if you saw the feedback on the freelancer's Upwork profile, specifically in the Work History section? Or did you see it posted in the contract? Feedback becomes visible on a profile if the 14-day feedback period expires, or if both parties has left feedback for each other, whichever comes first.

If you saw the feedback on the freelancer's Work History, and it disapperead, it could have been a glitch, which was resolved by your Customer Support Agent when he manualy generated the freelancer's profile. Feedback cannot be removed upon request, unless it was done through the Feedback Removal Perk which is only available for Top Rated Freelancers. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Julia. You can tell if feedback has been removed by means of the Top Rated perk, because it is replaced by the words "This feedback has been removed".

Julia, one more note about feedback removal. Once a top rated freelancer requests a feedback be removed, which they can only do once every 3 months and every 10 jobs, it’s removed permanently and will not be restored no matter how the client objects to this.

Checking up on something closed a YEAR ago? Smells a little bit like stalking.

As well as a colossal waste of time...

jaliu
Community Member

Don't put much trust into freelancer profiles. There are a plethora of ways for freelancers to remove negative feedback easily. They are also allowed to say whatever they want in their profiles and in response to freelancer feedback. 

They can remove feedback by:

1. Refund a client for a job. In this case, I believe the job doesn't even show up in the reviews. 

2. Simply request that it be removed. Not available to all freelancers, but still horrifying. 

In the case a freelancer does something egregious, they can just remove that feedback, and no future client can see it. They are also allowed to write "opinions" as well as factually false statements on their profiles and feedback, which usually equates to false advertising or slander.

In my case, a freelancer basically stole from me and refused to complete the job. Then he claimed his copied work was custom and unique. He ignored me and then told me he would issue a refund if I proved him wrong. When I did, instead of refunding me, he claimed I defrauded him, like "other clients had." Clearly trying to avoid the work, which would have been easier than the amount of arguing he did, but upwork doesn't care. They let him call me a liar and slander me in the feedback. He also made factually false statements about his track record in his feedback response but upwork doesn't care either. 

I wrote a lengthy review and of course now I see the feedback has been removed. I can imagine he was the one who was "planning" this after he decided he didn't need me anymore and slandered me. One of these actions would be bad enough -- the fact he did all of this and even got paid (upwork also gave me a credit indicating my valid argument) makes me wary of this platform.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jonathan,

Just to confirm that your new post was moved on this thread because it is in violation of our Community Guidelines.

On occasion, we will move discussions if they belong in a different category. We will also close/remove/move duplicate discussions/post to keep our Community organized. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

This post is about issues much much broader than simply removing feedback. I don't think it helps the community to hide it here. If you refuse to reverse the migration, what would I have to extract in order to create a new topic?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths