cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancer keeps removing my feedback

Julia J Member Since: Feb 21, 2019
1 of 20

Thank you to everyone who took time and posted helpful comments. I got it resolved by the escalation team. It's great to understand how the system works. As a client I value your intelligent input a lot. Thanks heaps!

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 20

It's been a year. Why on earth are you obsessed with a freelancer you had a bad experience with a year ago? Don't you think it's time to move on?

3 of 20

Jennifer, just because I spent thousands of dollars here and trust feedback left on the profiles. Now I am questioning the integrity of the platform. It bothers me that other people can have the same negative experience I did or I will struggle with another freelancer because some other client's feedback was removed and I didn't see it. Clearly something is going on..

If you can't help please move on.  No need to be not nice. Save your time Smiley Wink

Ace Contributor
Jonathan L Member Since: Oct 20, 2015
4 of 20

i completely agree. and regarding the integrity of the platform, it doesn't have much. it gives freelancers every oppotunity to remove feedback easily be refund or by simply requesting it. don't bother leaving lengthy feedback like i did. the freelancer basically stole from me and called me fraudulent without basis even though i proved he was the one doing both those things. he even stated it publicly in his response before he removed it. upwork doesn't care.

I also just posted a new thread warning other clients and upwork deleted it immediately. they have no interest in a fair and transparent environment which is part of the reason they have these issues in the first place. the freelancer slandered and false advertised in his profile and they not only don't care but are trying to silence me.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
5 of 20

Jonathan L wrote:

i completely agree. and regarding the integrity of the platform, it doesn't have much. it gives freelancers every oppotunity to remove feedback easily be refund or by simply requesting it. 

You may want stop with this since you already read and understood how it works, and you know very well that: a) feedback removal is limited and b) refunding does squat to protect one's JSS since not only it solely removes the public feedback, which weights nada in the JSS, but refunding also weights against one's JSS (since it makes the contract a no earning contract and contracts without earnings have a bad influence on the JSS).

I understand that you're not happy by the fact that the poor performer you hired used this perk (they won't be able to to this again for three months and ten jobs), but you are totally overgeneralizing one case.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Ace Contributor
Jonathan L Member Since: Oct 20, 2015
6 of 20

yes, i do understand how it works, and i'm warning other clients. it appears you don't want me to do that. the remove feedback option removes impact on score.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
7 of 20

Jonathan L wrote:

yes, i do understand how it works, and i'm warning other clients. it appears you don't want me to do that. the remove feedback option removes impact on score.

I'm totally happy with clients knowing how this works. I just want them to get it from the help section and not from you, because you have some tendency to twist the reality out of anger:

Your Job Success Score on Upwork

Feedback Removal

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Michael S Member Since: Jan 29, 2019
8 of 20

Hi Jennifer

How are you?

I worked on a project for fixed price ($300) a few days ago.
he asked me for more and more revisions under low price. so I couldn't work with him.
he left me not nice review 1 stars.
I'd like to remove the feedback.

contract number : 21725488, "JSS Only"

Thank you

Best regards,
Michael

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 20

Hi Julia, 

I'm sorry if this has inconvenienced you in any way. I'm not sure if I have the right ticket, but I can see that through your old chat ticket that your Customer Support Agent explained that since the feedback is double-blind, and the freelancer hasn't left feedback for the contract, your feedback will only appear on the freelancer's Work History once the 14-day feedback period is over. 

I can see that you are currently chatting with a Chat Agent but I'm not sure if it's for the same case. I wanted to share that Top Rated Freelancers have the option to remove feedback that they do not wish to be included in their Work History, and/or, Job Success Score calculations. You may read more about it here.

-Avery
Untitled
BEST ANSWER
10 of 20

Hi Avery,

Thank you for your reply. My support ticket was escalated from the Customer Support Agent higher. 

Initially, feedback was published after 14 days then removed and then on my request published again. Now it's gone.

Just wondering if it's a normal practice with Upwork. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS