Did you mean: 

Freelancer keeps removing my feedback

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
11 of 20

Julia J wrote:

Hi Avery,

Thank you for your reply. My support ticket was escalated from the Customer Support Agent higher. 

Initially, feedback was published after 14 days then removed and then on my request published again. Now it's gone.

Just wondering if it's a normal practice with Upwork. 

--------------------

I guess youi can call it normal. All freelancers who are rated "top rated" have the ability to remove any feedback they choose. Usually they remove negative feedback/bad reviews.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
12 of 20

Kathy T wrote:

--------------------

I guess youi can call it normal. All freelancers who are rated "top rated" have the ability to remove any feedback they choose. Usually they remove negative feedback/bad reviews.

Not so fast. Requests for feedback removal for top rated freelancers may only be made every 3 months and after 10 or more completed contracts: Feedback Removal

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
13 of 20

Hi Julia, 

I wanted to clarify if you saw the feedback on the freelancer's Upwork profile, specifically in the Work History section? Or did you see it posted in the contract? Feedback becomes visible on a profile if the 14-day feedback period expires, or if both parties has left feedback for each other, whichever comes first.

If you saw the feedback on the freelancer's Work History, and it disapperead, it could have been a glitch, which was resolved by your Customer Support Agent when he manualy generated the freelancer's profile. Feedback cannot be removed upon request, unless it was done through the Feedback Removal Perk which is only available for Top Rated Freelancers. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
14 of 20

Hi Julia. You can tell if feedback has been removed by means of the Top Rated perk, because it is replaced by the words "This feedback has been removed".

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
15 of 20
Julia, one more note about feedback removal. Once a top rated freelancer requests a feedback be removed, which they can only do once every 3 months and every 10 jobs, it’s removed permanently and will not be restored no matter how the client objects to this.
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
16 of 20

Checking up on something closed a YEAR ago? Smells a little bit like stalking.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
17 of 20

As well as a colossal waste of time...

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jonathan L Member Since: Oct 20, 2015
18 of 20

Don't put much trust into freelancer profiles. There are a plethora of ways for freelancers to remove negative feedback easily. They are also allowed to say whatever they want in their profiles and in response to freelancer feedback. 

They can remove feedback by:

1. Refund a client for a job. In this case, I believe the job doesn't even show up in the reviews. 

2. Simply request that it be removed. Not available to all freelancers, but still horrifying. 

In the case a freelancer does something egregious, they can just remove that feedback, and no future client can see it. They are also allowed to write "opinions" as well as factually false statements on their profiles and feedback, which usually equates to false advertising or slander.

In my case, a freelancer basically stole from me and refused to complete the job. Then he claimed his copied work was custom and unique. He ignored me and then told me he would issue a refund if I proved him wrong. When I did, instead of refunding me, he claimed I defrauded him, like "other clients had." Clearly trying to avoid the work, which would have been easier than the amount of arguing he did, but upwork doesn't care. They let him call me a liar and slander me in the feedback. He also made factually false statements about his track record in his feedback response but upwork doesn't care either. 

I wrote a lengthy review and of course now I see the feedback has been removed. I can imagine he was the one who was "planning" this after he decided he didn't need me anymore and slandered me. One of these actions would be bad enough -- the fact he did all of this and even got paid (upwork also gave me a credit indicating my valid argument) makes me wary of this platform.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
19 of 20

Hi Jonathan,

Just to confirm that your new post was moved on this thread because it is in violation of our Community Guidelines.

On occasion, we will move discussions if they belong in a different category. We will also close/remove/move duplicate discussions/post to keep our Community organized. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jonathan L Member Since: Oct 20, 2015
20 of 20

This post is about issues much much broader than simply removing feedback. I don't think it helps the community to hide it here. If you refuse to reverse the migration, what would I have to extract in order to create a new topic?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS