🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer location
Page options
steve57
Community Member

Freelancer location

Hi! Can I rely on freelancer's location information I can see - do you check it somehow? 

2 REPLIES 2
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stepan,

While we have location verification procedures for freelancers in the US and the UK, all freelancers on Upwork are required to provide truthful information in their profiles. Having said that, freelancers do travel and if you're looking to hire a freelancer from a specific location, you can include this preference and question in your job post and follow-up later during the interview. Feel free to follow up with us or contact Customer Support if you have any suspicions regarding a freelancer's location and we'll be glad to take a look and assist you further.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Can I rely on freelancer's location information I can see?"

For the majority of freelancers, yes. The location information for most freelancers is accurate.

re: "do you check it somehow?"

Yes, Upwork has multiple protocols in place for checking location. But these are not perfect, and some freelancers misrepresent their location.

If this doesn't matter to you, then don't worry about it. If this matters to you, then you can schedule video interviews with freelancers before hiring them. This can help weed out the ones who misrepresent who or where they are.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths