cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancer missed deadline

Nicholas M Member Since: Aug 6, 2017
1 of 3

I hired a freelancer, he said he could deliver within 2 days.

He did not deliver (he did some of the work but didn't finish) and hasn't responded to my my messages for the past 2 days.

The deadline has been missed and the project delayed. I've now had to hire another freelancer.

How do I get my money back from escrow?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 3

The only thing you can do is close the contract and ask for the money back. It's up to him if he wants to let you have it or fight it. If he hasn't delivered anything and he legit told you 2 days (it's the weekend so he might have meant 2 business days, and in that case there is a miscommunication), then he will likely let you have it back.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 3

I have been on both sides of this.

As a client, I have found that most of the time if a freelancer has not submitted work by a deadline, they will be relieved if a client lets them off the hook and arranges to just close the contract and get the money refunded (back to the client).

Sometimes freelancers get behind or miss being able to start work on a project when they thought they would. It's not good, obviously. But at least there is an simple and mostly automatic way for the client to get ALL the money back (including the client fee paid).

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS