🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Freelancer not available for rehire
Page options
ryanabc123
Community Member

Freelancer not available for rehire

I'd like to rehire a freelancer but get an error saying "Freelancer not available for rehire". When I go to her profile and select 'invite to job', it shows 'Interview in progress'. She doesn't know how to fix on her end and wants to be rehired. How to fix? thx.

11 REPLIES 11
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ryan,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with your freelancer profile URL so that I can assist you further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran V, 

Actually I have the same problem with one of the freelancers. The messages that I get are 'This freelancer is not available for rehire. Would you like to see some similar freelancers?' and 'The freelancer's account is not available.' 

I would be grateful if you may help me with this issue. 

Of course Nikola,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with hiring your freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello!

I have the same problem with a freelancer. We had a contract and it automatically ended because of the terms (3 months). And the request of refund was automatically sent to the freelancer. She approved, but the work is not finished. I want to rehire, but the message that I cannot do it appears. How can I prolong the contract or rehire this freelancer once again?

Looking forward to your reply,

Sergey.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sergey, 

Could you please confirm if you are referring to Contract ID 22848641? Are you able to go to the freelancer's profile, and hire the profile directly from there?

~ Avery
Upwork
5a5ede19
Community Member

Hello!

Yes, I'm reffering to that contract ID 22848641. When I go to the section "my hires" I see this freelancer, but if I click "hire now" the message "The freelancer's account is not available." appears.

Thanks for your help,

Sergey.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for following up, Sergey.

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket and assist you with your request and try to reach out to the freelancer you're referring to.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
5a5ede19
Community Member

Hello!
I would like to give a review to this freelancer, but now the link doesn’t work. The freelancer hasn’t comleted his job at all and broke all the terms and conditions, and then the problem with her account and her verification appeared. Now I can see her profile but cannot write a review. Could you give such an opportunity? I’m  referring to Contract ID 22848641.

--
Best regards,
Sergey

Hi Sergey,

The feedback period is 14 days from the end of a contract. You can contact the freelancer and ask them to allow you to change your feedback and they can do so by using the steps found in this help article

Additionally, could you please send me a PM with more information regarding your report and the violation of Upwork's TOS so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

My client is receiving the same problem, he want to rehire me but when he tries he receives this notification  "Freelancer not available for rehire" but I am available.

Hi Sammar Abbas,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths