🐈 Community
8ad3b47f

Freelancer not getting job done

Hey guys, 

Hope you are all doing well! 

A month ago I hired an agency to design a small website, few pages, nothing massive. 

They sent the home page design after a few days and I was really happy with the results.

However I'm still waiting to get the rest of the pages and even if I have them on skype they just won't send 

anything or reply to my messages.

What should I do in this case? I really like their design, and would love to continue working with them.

But communication is clearly an issue plus it's been 3 weeks since they have sent the last update.

Thanks in advance.

Dimitri

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r

Hi Dimitri,

Can you tell us whether:

1) It's an hourly contract or a fixed rate one?

and

2) Whether you have paid them anything yet. If hourly, how many hours, in which week(s) - if fixed rate - into Escow or already released?

Hi Petra, 

Thanks for your answer,

I haven't paid them anything yet. I have half of the payment in escrow but not released yet.

It is a fixed rate contract.

Thank you

D.

One thing to mention is that Upwork's messaging system isn't working properly. It's been 3 weeks, though, so if I were in your shoes, I would contact them on the message system and let them know you would like an update. Then, tell them that you are sending the same message to their Skype and email.

They should give you an update even if it is to say "We're still on target for the deadline" or "We might be late." Something.

If they don't answer with multiple messages in different places within a week, then I'd go for a cancellation. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dmitrijs,

I am sorry about the issues you are having communicating with your freelancer. If the freelancer continues to be unresponsive, please contact Customer Support for additional assistance getting a hold of them. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Upcoming Events
Oct 27
Nov 29