🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer not responding
Page options
rasgiza2000
Community Member

Freelancer not responding

Can anyone reachout to my freelancer. I have made the payment and we have work in progress but he is not responding  to do the testing on the work that has already been paid. It is a little frustrating. 

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8
NikolaS

Hi Kwame,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
sajal36
Community Member

You need to pay only for the work that have been delivered by the freelancer. Although freelancer must follow the code of business conduct and deliver the work for which he has charged customer and have been paid. 

My suggestion to you will be ot hire a project manager who take care of deliverable and accordingly payments to the freelancer.

prestonhunter
Community Member

You should absolutely not try to contact Upwork Support about this.

Clients have all the tools they need at their fingertips.

If a freelancer isn't communicating with you, he is no longer interested in working on your project. Assign remaining tasks to other team members. Hire additional freelancers if necessary.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Kwame, why did you pay for work not completed? Thanks!

14fcd97c
Community Member

I'm fine with the 'move work to another freelancer' approach, but I need help to cancel the current milestone - I don't want to use my non-responding freelancer for any other work and don't want to pay her anything for doing no work (they didn't even start work on the milestone)

re: "I'm fine with the 'move work to another freelancer' approach, but I need help to cancel the current milestone - I don't want to use my non-responding freelancer for any other work and don't want to pay her anything for doing no work (they didn't even start work on the milestone)"

You don't need anybody to help with this. All you need is to know the right technique. YOU can click the buttons yourself.

You simply close a contract, and after you do so, you'll be given an opportunity to EDIT the amount of escrow money to release. You can edit that amount to ZERO.

Then finish closing the contract. Because the freelancer is not responding, the money will be released to you AUTOMATICALLY after 7 days.

Details and screenshots are here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062058-Get-an-Escrow-Refund

I believe there is an option in the contract room to end the contract. That way, every milestone is ended.

I do hope you find a better freelancer.

All the best!

2f863be5
Community Member

I'm sorry to hear about that Kwame.

That is very unprofessional.

Maybe the freelancer had an emergency he/she had to attend to urgently.

In any case, a message would have sufficed to let you know what was happening.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths