🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer not responding
Page options
85aebd27
Community Member

Freelancer not responding

Hello Community,

I hired a freelancer for a job. At first everything was okay. The communication was okay till now. The problem is that out of the sudden my freelancer did not contact me anymore after she missed our appointment last Sunday. Now she is offline and next week the job needs to be done. As it is very urgent, I really need some help. What can I do to contact Upwork? I need her phone number or something to contact her.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Best regards,

Maurice

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Maurice,

We can try and contract her from our end via email.
One of our team members will contact you directly so that you give give us more details about this.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Community,

Hi Upwork community,

I hired a freelancer **Edited for community guidelines**for USD 30 on August 12th for a job. At first everything was okay. The communication was okay till August 14. The problem is that out of the sudden my freelancer did not respond to my messages. Now he is offline and this week the job needs to be done. As it is very urgent, I really need some help. What can I do to contact Upwork? I need his phone number or something to contact her.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Best regards,

Vedula Kaveri

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vedula,

Our team will reach out to you directly to assist you to get in touch with the Freelancer and advise on further steps.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

re: "I hired a freelancer... for USD 30 on August 12th for a job. At first everything was okay. The communication was okay till August 14. The problem is that out of the sudden my freelancer did not respond to my messages. Now he is offline and this week the job needs to be done. As it is very urgent, I really need some help. What can I do to contact Upwork? I need his phone number or something to contact her."

Vedula:

I WANT you to succeed in your efforts here on Upwork.

But you claim to have an "very urgent" project that "needs to be done."

And yet you only hired one freelancer to work on this?

And the freelancer is a stranger that you have never worked with before?

And now your solution is to try to get that person's phone number?

I'm very sorry that you are having difficulties, but what you are doing is strategically unsound.

No matter where or how you are hiring - on Upwork or anywhere else, the more urgent your project is, the more it is important for you to work with already known individuals who you have a substantial history with, OR hire multiple people so you can hedge your bets.

Given the fact that the job needs to be done "this week":

If you did not already have people on your team who you knew for certain would finish this on time, then you should have hired 4 people to do this task.

Upwork simply does not make "on-time" guarantees for this kind of work. NO WEBSITE or resource offers urgent "within-one week" "on-time" guarantees for this kind of work for just thirty dollars.

That is simply an impossible thing to expect.

Upwork can't force a freelancer to finish this project.

Rather than trying to get the phone number of somebody who either doesn't have the technical skill to finish this task, or simply doesn't want to...

if it was me, I would hire enough other people so that I could get the work done in time. Even if that means paying multiple people to redundant work.

If I structure this as an hourly contract done by a team of people, then I can end all the contracts once the work has been completed. That way I minimize payouts for redundant work, and I ensure the completion of my project in time.

kat303
Community Member

Vedula - If your project is urgent, do not wait around trying to contact this person. Do not ask Upwork to contact this person. You entered into a contract and you can close/cancel that contract at any time for any or no reason. If you wait around hoping this freelancers will somehow reappear, you are going to miss your deadline. And if this freelancer does become available again due to involvement of Upwork (or you) there's no guarantee that she/he will finish this job on time, or that the work will meet your approval.  

Look for another freelancer now. 

Nothing that is truly "urgent" requires waiting for Upwork Customer service to take action on the weekend.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths