🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer provided AI written content
Page options
2c23f607
Community Member

Freelancer provided AI written content

Hello fellow Upwork community members

A few days ago I hired a freelancer for my blog. Although in my job description I had clearly stated that I wanted non-AI articles, I contacted her about this to make sure and she confirmed that her articles are 100% human written. Three days later she sent her first article for approval. I tested it with an AI detector application and was shocked when I saw the result. The article seems to be a pure AI content. I'm sure about this. But the thing is she declines it and keeps asking me about the application I've used to check her article with. I can't do that as she would make some changes to fool the detector. 

The question is what should I do now? I'm afraid to ask for a refund as she might retaliate by leaving a poor feedback.

Thank you

Chua

46 REPLIES 46
usammabhatti
Community Member

Hello,

Dear Chua, 

I my opinion, You should discuss this with her, by giving her a chance to if she deserves one, Else, You have to see for an alternative options to have your work to be done/carried out as your requirements.

Regards

Hafiz Usamma

arslan-gfx
Community Member

As a first step, it's important to stay calm and professional in your communication with the freelancer. Explain your concerns clearly and calmly, and avoid making accusations or being confrontational.

You can start by showing the freelancer the results of the AI detector application, and asking for an explanation for why the article appears to be AI-generated. Be open to hearing their response, and try to have a constructive conversation about the issue.

If the freelancer is unable to provide a satisfactory explanation or continues to deny that the article is AI-generated, you can consider requesting a refund. However, before doing so, review the terms of your contract with the freelancer to see if there are any clauses related to content quality or plagiarism. If so, make sure to reference these clauses in your request for a refund.

If you do decide to request a refund, be clear and professional in your communication with the freelancer. Explain your reasons for requesting a refund and provide evidence to support your claim. Make sure to follow Upwork's guidelines for dispute resolution and keep all communication through the platform.

Finally, keep in mind that leaving feedback is a two-way street. If the freelancer leaves poor feedback in retaliation, you have the option to respond to their feedback and provide your own perspective. Remember to stay professional and objective in your response, and focus on the facts of the situation

Is this response AI-generated?

1ba9b8ed
Community Member

These tools are also money traps, if you pay money the software will say it was created by a human and not by GPT. Do you want facts? There are many. Here is one of them

1ba9b8ed_0-1680115141976.png

1. Here is how he evaluated my composed text.

2. Here is a suggestion from the site

Screenshot 2023-03-29 223235.png

You can try it too     https://contentatscale.ai/ai-content-detector/

d_omutho
Community Member

Hello, sorry for your bad experience. I have a similar case, where I closed a fixed contract, and released payment to a freelancer, but later on, realized the work is 100% AI-generated. I reached out to the support team and the freelancer too. The writer acknowledged her mistake but said that she is not in a position to refund the money unless it is deducted from her future milestones. At this point, a support member by the name **Edited for Community Guidelines** left me hanging by ruling that I should wait for the freelancer to pay me back, which definitely sounded like a mirage. I decided to close the case but I honestly felt frustrated. what do they mean by a protection program? 

Refund thinking hurts clients. Don't waste your time on that freelancer.

Most freelancers on Upwork who claim to be writers are not real writers. They are spinners. Don't try to change this people or balance their karma. You don't owe them anything.

ebe07fdc
Community Member

As a freelancer, the client is always right. You mentioned that you did not want an article made by an AI and the freelancer did not care about this, it is her fault. If you don't like the job, you always have to finish it quickly in good condition and never hire again. If she doesn't like the job, she always has to finish it quickly in good condition and never hire her again.

With this you may not have bad feedback if you do not leave bad feedback to the freelancer. The result would possibly be two empty feedbacks. I don't know what is better if an empty feedback or a bad one? I think that if you want an empty one... it's best to agree to it by releasing escrow and closing the contract quickly. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths