cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Freelancer provided poor quality work after thorough review of work

Jamal M Member Since: Mar 26, 2017
1 of 12

Hi, 

I am new to UW. I hired an architect **Edited for Community Guidelines** for my mechanic workshop design. The freelancer initially showed great efforts to gain my trust. I thought Upwork is a great place to meet great people to accomplish my project. 

I trusted him blindly and release the amount with bonus( yes I confessed its my fault because he brought the sickness excuse of his grandmother ). He handed over me and my project to a third person out of upwork. After sometimes when I reviewed the project design thoroughly it was all crap and incomplete. I requested to freelancer to complete the project. He made different excuses and then started avoiding me. I request Upwork admin for help. Upwork also suggested me to give the freelancer some time to complete the job. Later upwork assured to suspend freelancer account but all in vain. 

Now both of them are avoiding to answer me. I lost my 230 USD plus upwork fees.

In the meantime , the freelancer also gave unprofessional and unethical feedbacks against me and my country. His feedbacks depicit his mental caliber but even though Upwork could not help anyway. I dont want to reply his immature reviews.

It looks like anyone can be a freelancer and client simultaneously to increase his/her ratings on upwork, so any client can be cheated easily in that way.  

Regards

Jamal

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 12

@Jamal M wrote:

Hi, 

I am new to UW. I hired an architect ******** for my mechanic workshop design. 

I trusted him blindly and release the amount with bonus( yes I confessed its my fault because

You don't do that. You don't trust people blindly on the Internet.

Your freelancer has a low Job success Score (60%) which is a red flag. Well, maybe this is a result of your feedback if it was posted a week ago.

I have to admit that his feedback for you is disturbing. I don't know what to think. 

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
3 of 12

I appreciate your concern Rene K

I missed to mention that I know him from **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Due to technical problems on **Edited for Community Guidelines**, we both decided to come into Upwork to continue working on my project. 

@Rene K wrote:

@Jamal M wrote:

Hi, 

I am new to UW. I hired an architect ******** for my mechanic workshop design. 

I trusted him blindly and release the amount with bonus( yes I confessed its my fault because

You don't do that. You don't trust people blindly on the Internet.

Your freelancer has a low Job success Score (60%) which is a red flag. Well, maybe this is a result of your feedback if it was posted a week ago.

I have to admit that his feedback for you is disturbing. I don't know what to think. 

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
4 of 12

His portfolio items are stolen. It's a bunk profile.

Community Guru
5 of 12

ooh one of the stolen items has a review... probably paid reviews too it seems.

6 of 12

@Jennifer M wrote:

ooh one of the stolen items has a review... probably paid reviews too it seems.

Jennifer thank you so much for updating us. 

Community Guru
7 of 12

@Jamal M wrote:

Jennifer thank you so much for updating us. 

Well I just looked at his portfolio items. The only strange thing about it was that it wasn't a 5-star review, so I'm thinking I'm wrong that it was a paid review and he just scammed another customer and was still allowed to use the work which is funny cuz he just lifted it off the internet. lol. IIRC, the customer has 3 days to reject, so it's likely the customer got angry and just left Upwork and by default his work was linked to that particular gig. This is why this stuff is my pet peeve.

8 of 12

This Fraudlencer once claimed, he has multiple accounts on upwork and guru.

I still did not receive any updates from Upwork Team. I do not know whom to contact. No body is contacting me directly. 

Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 12

Jamal,

I see the team has been replying to your tickets and communicating with you via chat. They have reached out to your freelancer on your behalf but haven't receiver reply yet. Also, the request you submitted today has been escalated to our Mediation team and they will reach out to you as soon as possible.

I've also replied to you on this thread.

~ Valeria
Untitled
10 of 12

@Valeria K wrote:

Jamal,

I see the team has been replying to your tickets and communicating with you via chat. They have reached out to your freelancer on your behalf but haven't receiver reply yet. Also, the request you submitted today has been escalated to our Mediation team and they will reach out to you as soon as possible.

I've also replied to you on this thread.

I appreciate that Valeria. I am not a short tempered person. I have worked in non profit sector, I have seen the real miseries of people. This fraudlencer perhaps took the advantage of my soft heartness with the excuse of his grandmother sickness, thus looted me. I also committed to him to provide him further business  after successful completion of my project.  But he turned out to be a greedy wolf. 

I quit my job , came back to my small town to start a mechanic and Detailing shop as I have some skills too. I sold my car to start this business. Now I am in deep *****. My business partner and associates did not know about this situation yet. We have to start this project next week. I even could not share this to anyone as I dont want to be a laughing stock in front of them. It was my decision to hire an international architect for project design. So Upwork is the only platform to express myself because I know they do not have account here as they dont trust online business unlike me. I am under extreme stress and pressure now.

I am waiting for refund to hire an other freelancer to complete this project. Perhaps I lost my faith on Upwork too. I am hesitating to be scammed again by another freelancers here as it seems like upwork support freelancers more then clients.  

I hope you understand my situation and resolve it on priority basis. 

Best regards

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS