🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer re-posted my job and shared login ...
Page options
a7b9637f
Community Member

Freelancer re-posted my job and shared login credentials

I hired a freelancer to work on a job last night and sent them a bunch of logins to start working this morning.

I was just informed by my other freelancer that someone contacted his roommate(!) with a job invite for this exact same job.  The person I just hired is sharing the credentials that I gave him with others, apparently trying to sub-contract this job.

I want to flag this for the Upwork team because I suspect this goes beyond one person.

Can someone from Upwork Support please open a ticket for me ASAP?  I will share the details and screenshots I have.

5 REPLIES 5
JoanneP

Hi Scott,

I'd like to look into this for you. Please send me more information via PM so I can check this with the team. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a7b9637f
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I wanted to follow up on this.  I sent you a PM and haven't heard anything back yet.  Has the team been able to look into this?  I'd like to know that Upwork is investigating this.

Hi Scott, 

I'm sorry for the delayed response. I tried to check for the PM you sent, but I was unable to find it. I sent you a PM instead. Please check the message, and kindly reply directly from there. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
a7b9637f
Community Member

Hello Joanne,

Following up on this again.  This is a very serious matter and I have not heard anything back from you or anyone on Upwork.  Can you please confirm whether you received my PM, and whether anyone at Upwork is looking into this?

jeremiah-brown
Community Member

IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

I would bet that its the number one scam being carried out on this platform at any given time.

I recommend calling the person out on it.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths