🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer requested that I pay outside of Up...
Page options
ggertz
Community Member

Freelancer requested that I pay outside of Upwork

A Freelancer contacted me about a job that I had posted and requested that I pay off the platform and I want to report him for a violation of the Terms of Service. 

4 REPLIES 4
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Gary,

Did the freelancer request you to pay off Upwork in a message they sent you on Upwork or outside of Upwork. Could you please click on my name and send me a private message with the freelancer's name and a screenshot of the message?

Thanks for helping us keep Upwork a safe and trustworthy marketplace.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I also had it recently happen. The FL also indicated he would do job faster and at lower cost if outside of upwork.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David, 

I wanted to check if you have already reported this freelancer? If not, please send a screen grab of the conversation via a private message where the freelancer said that the job will be faster and cheaper if done outside of Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork

David and Gary,

More importantly (at least to me), this is a violation of ethics. UW provides a valuable service and earns its fees. When we agreed to ToS, we made an ethical commitment. A freelancer who will cheat UW will cheat clients as well, and give both UW and its freelancers a reputation problem. Reporting ethical violations is far more important than saving money, or even getting one particular job completed. All freelancing requires trust, and cheaters damage the whole industry.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths