cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancer ripped me off

Highlighted
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
1 of 5
Freelancer ** ripped me off. I hired ** for a project, he made false promises and wasted my time, one day I found out that he refunded all money. Then I contacted him again that what happen , he said I am sorry for that but I am sending you invitation again from my wife's account. I said ok but he asked for $560 upfront payment and ask to to do a fix price contract. I agreed because I needed everything done quickly and I thought he will complete the project on time. But he and his wife made something which was of no use and was not even close to the project. Now I said this is not what we decided then they start blaming me and then they stopped replying and never deliver me anything. I wasted $781 and got nothing. I talked to odesk but they said they will do something now it's been 20-25 days, nothing happened,,, what should I do now.??????
Highlighted
Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
2 of 5
I was asked a design company to create a wordpress theme for me based on images I gave them. They created the theme... but only for their own custom cms! It was useless to me because it HAD to be wordpress. Ya know what happened? They won. I complained using PayPal (wasn't an oDesk job).. and they sided with them. So unfortunately, I'd say your odds of collecting may not be too great Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
3 of 5
That's too bad. I thought odesk will react on this quickly but still I am on hold and those freelancers are free to rip off other people
Highlighted
Najie B Member Since: Oct 8, 2013
4 of 5
I felt bad about what happen. I am a freelancer also, I hope that oDesk will resolve this issue. Because the money that you wasted is a 3-Digit ($) and you can't find that money within a single day. Wish you all the best. Kind Regards, Najie
Highlighted
matthew i Member Since: Dec 11, 2010
5 of 5
If this happened to me, and I didn't get a refund I'd file a chargeback.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS