🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Freelancer's account is unavailable
Page options
ef0bd906
Community Member

Freelancer's account is unavailable

I have a go-to Freelancer who already knows my business processes. After several projects with them, Upwork suddenly decided to f up and display this error.

I cannot rehire them, clicking this shows the error on the title.

I can send them an invite but once they place their offer, clicking Hire shows the same error.

I escalated this twice to upwork in the past week and my inquiry still doesn't have any response. All is alright on my account. The freelancer's account is also public. They haven't blocked me either...

I can hire another freelancer though just not that 1 specific user. Is there anything I / she can do about it? Support hasn't been responding at all. Thank you.
8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Is the freelancer's account on hold for some reason?

She would know if there was a restriction placed on her account... The profile being visible does not mean it is not in some way restricted.

ef0bd906
Community Member

Hello,

The freelancer is someone I invited to upwork using the Bring Your Own
freelancer option. Whilst we already have a lot of projects together, their
profile is still not approved so they cannot apply unless invited.

Thank you.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Vanessa,

I`m sorry about the delay with this. I saw that you`re ticket is escalated to our technical team and I've escalated it again now. One of our team members will update your ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm having a similar problem with a couple UpWorkers. They're relatively new to the platform (first is around the date of this original posting, the other is a fresh referral). The first worked with me on a previous contract and I had to re-organize some contracts due to the Finance Account not being aligned correctly, the latter is completely fresh/new and seems to be in the interview process? 

Hi Euno,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I am facing the same issue with rehiring a freelancer I invited to the platform and have completed previous contracts with.  I have contacted Upwork Support and they don't have a solution.  I would like to rehire the contractor for several contracts immediately and cannot do so.

Please advise.

re: "I am facing the same issue with rehiring a freelancer I invited to the platform and have completed previous contracts with. I have contacted Upwork Support and they don't have a solution. I would like to rehire the contractor for several contracts immediately and cannot do so."

Allen:

Are you saying that you can't figure out how to send them a "hire" offer on Upwork?

Or you can't figure out a way to contact them?

Those are two different things.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Allen, 

I would like to confirm that the team has escalated your request so that it can be reviewed. Once they have an update, the team handling your case will get back to you on the same ticket thread with more information about the freelancer's account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths