🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Freelancer saying theyre not paid
Page options
e6901c52
Community Member

Freelancer saying theyre not paid

hi - i had a contract with 2 milestones with someone. the first milestone was complete and i deposited the amount and approved it from escrow. 2nd milestone we canceled so i requested refund for second milestone and it got cleared from escrow. the freelancer is messaging me saying they didnt get the money for the 1st milestone. can you help? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Susan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and you successfully released a milestone payment for the contract you're referring to. When you release a milestone payment, it goes through a 5-day security period and will show under the Pending tab of the freelancer's Overview page. You can share this article with the freelancer for more information about working and getting paid on Fixed-Price contracts.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Susan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and you successfully released a milestone payment for the contract you're referring to. When you release a milestone payment, it goes through a 5-day security period and will show under the Pending tab of the freelancer's Overview page. You can share this article with the freelancer for more information about working and getting paid on Fixed-Price contracts.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths