🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer statistics, e.g. how many freelanc...
Page options
doc_tech
Community Member

Freelancer statistics, e.g. how many freelancers in a specific country, etc.

Hi Upwork,

Until quite recently it was possible to go into the freelancer section of Upwork and sort freelancers by country, income, etc getting valuable statistics.

Unfortunately, it looks like this feature has now been removed.

Is there anywhere I can get these stats? I'm writing a proposal for a Masters dissertation about Upworkers in South Africa and how becoming freelancers on Upwork may alleviate unemployment and poverty in the country.

I look forward to hearing from you,

4 REPLIES 4
AndreaG

Hi Jana,

All those filters weren't removed and are still available on the Freelancer Search page, they will show on the left-hand side. You can also check out the articles and research studies available here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Andrea G wrote:

All those filters weren't removed and are still available on the Freelancer Search page, they will show on the left-hand side.

The filters were not removed, and the OP never said that they were.

The NUMBERS that fitted the filters WERE removed. Those are what the OP was looking for, which she stated perfectly clearly.

04-upwork-old-search-interface-number-of-freelancers

doc_tech
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Many thanks for the link of resources. Unfortunately, it doesn't contain the data that I need for the research. 

Like Petra said, the feature that shows the numbers has been removed.

This is unfortunate as it would have been really helpful to ascertain exactly how many South Africans work on Upwork, their areas of expertise, money earned, etc.

Is there any other source of statistics by country available?

Many thanks for your help.

petra_r
Community Member

Jana L wrote:

Is there any other source of statistics by country available?

Unfortunately not.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths