🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer stealing from me
Page options
75e37a08
Community Member

Freelancer stealing from me

Hi, I requested a very simple task (intall a pixel on my website and Facebook), which generally takes about 1 hour to complete. This freelancer billed me for 40 hours of work and charged my card. He claaimed to be working on the project for 15-20 hours per day, but I have screenshots of him browsing Tinder, working on other projects, or just sitting on our homepage for hours and hours without a single task being completed. I have reached out to him multiple times and he just trolls the converstaion, tells me I should respect the man working for him, and ignores me. I am beyond frustrated to have paid someone $1200 for a one hour task. I have screenshots of all of our conversations on the Upwork platform as well as a log of his work activity that shows absolutely nothing being accomplished. 

I am at a complete loss for what to do and feel like I'm being defrauded by a con artist. If anyone can please offer me any guidance, I would greatly appreciate it, thank you. 

Erin Obrien 

2 REPLIES 2
75e37a08
Community Member

Below is my summary of his work log:

Wed May 5 

Work logged from 4:30-9:30 pm is a completely different project and there is nothing to do with our project or website recorded during this time.

Thursday May 6 

Work begins by reading an article about the skill he already claimed to have. If he knew how to install the pixels already I wouldn't have been charged for this time. TWO HOURS spent on just reading.

10:20 am - Checking Tinder

12- 2pm - Completely unrelated work - Facebook "hackathon"

The rest of the day - Zero work related to our project completed. Checking personal youtube account.

11pm-11:50 - Logged into our facebook account, just looks at the setting page the whole time.

Friday, May 7

It seems like he did one hour of actual work on this day, from 6am-7am. The rest of the time it just looks like hes looking at our homepage and left it open to keep the hours going. We didn't ask for any work on the homepage, nor did he complete any.

The rest of the days continue like this. No work done, just opening a page on our website and leaving it there for hours on end.

This is actually fraud and I couldn't be more disappointed.

Hello Erin,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with a Freelancer. I see that you have already initiated a Dispute on the same contract. One of our team members will reach out to you via a support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Learn more about how to dispute Freelancer's hours here.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths