🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Freelancer unresponsive
Page options
Community Member

Freelancer unresponsive

A freelancer that was meant to deliver a job last Monday has been unresponsive. I've requested a refund and nothing is happening

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Chilu L wrote:

A freelancer that was meant to deliver a job last Monday has been unresponsive. I've requested a refund and nothing is happening

You mean you asked for a return of the Escrow funds? If the freelancer does not react, the funds go back to you 7 days after the request.

Community Member

Ok thanks. I guess I'll wait it out. Do I close the project yet? Or after the refund reflects?

He did half the job and I'm happy that he gets paid for that. I paid a 'bonus' for the second part of the job - which he consequently has not done. 

petra_r
Community Member

Chilu L wrote:

Ok thanks. I guess I'll wait it out. Do I close the project yet? Or after the refund reflects?

He did half the job and I'm happy that he gets paid for that. I paid a 'bonus' for the second part of the job - which he consequently has not done. 

No, hang on!!! I thought you had money in Escrow?

Why did you pay a bonus? Before the job was done?? Don't do that, that's what Escrow is for?

A bonus goes to the freelancer, it is NOT held in Escrow.

How many days since you last funded the previous milestone? You can only dispute if that was in the last 30 days...

Community Member

The challenge with Upwork is it feels like there is no one to guide clients. I've had mixed experiences on the platform and really presently considering looking elsewhere for service providers. 

It's a small amount that I paid so I won't make a big deal if it's been lost. 

mtngigi
Community Member

Chilu L wrote:

The challenge with Upwork is it feels like there is no one to guide clients. I've had mixed experiences on the platform and really presently considering looking elsewhere for service providers. 

It's a small amount that I paid so I won't make a big deal if it's been lost. 

You are not alone in finding the interface confusing - many clients do. But the most important thing to remember is you don't have to (and shouldn't) pay anything until the job is done and you have what was agreed upon in the contract. No matter what the amount.

Community Member

Oh - thanks for the feedback Petra

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chilu,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the Contract ID you need help with? I'll check that for you and advise you accordingly or have the correct support team assist you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths