Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Freelancer went awol on me and I wish I could change my good feedback

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
11 of 18

The first sample she worked on is associated with a contract that has now been CLOSED.

You do not have direct access to change that feedback.

BUT: There is a way you can change it:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068458-Enable-Clients-to-Change-Feedback

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 8.22.53 AM.png

The freelancer can click a button that will enable you to change feedback.

You can ask her to click that button, and if she does, you can change feedback.

Is she likely to click the button if you ask her to?

Maybe not.

But that is your one option, unless you involve Upwork Customer Support.

In the Forum, we HAVE seen examples in which an Upwork user is able to contact Upwork Customer Support and get them to REMOVE feedback that they left or a freelancer. I have never heard of a client being given the opportunity to EDIT their feedback. Upwork just tells them now if they ask to do so. But I HAVE SEEN instances in which the client was able to get her feedback REMOVED.

139d1b5d
jen b Member Since: Jun 1, 2021
12 of 18
Thanks!!
139d1b5d
13 of 18

Preston, I don't see where to contact support, can you guide me?

Also, this is the kind of thing the freelancer wrote me after successfully completing two illustrations in the style I wanted, with high compliments from me:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Then she tried again, giving me the exact opposite of what she had done before--instead a "pastel" "geometric" as she described it, more flat, and somewhat cartooney--as she admitted. " I can force myself to do the original test image type, of course, too. I am sorry for being so difficult to work with, as I said art is a curse and I'd rather cancel the work than create something ugly and by ugly I mean something I absolutely don't like and that I force myself to create. I did such thing twice and never again, in the end I asked the author not to credit me in the book as those images were forced and not what I felt was close to me. I understand I am only doing what I'm told, still it is creative process that is painful and difficult way too often. Or I think about it too much but I very well know how long it takes to create something I don't "feel" when I simply order myself to draw every line."

Honestly, should a person this erratic, who one week does exactly what you want and the next week says her muse has abandoned her, she can't paint like that anymore, and now she has to do a geometric flat pastel more cartooney style and that's all she can do--should that person be rated top on Upwork? **Edited for Community Guidelines** . Her muse didn't abandon her. She didn't become incapable this week of what she did last week.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
14 of 18

To contact Upwork Customer Support:

Click on the chat bot. Type in a question. When given an opportunity to identify if you are freelancer or client, click on Client button.

Type in "contact support".

If that does not work, type in a question, then after you see automated response, click on thumbs down icon, and that should being up live support.

139d1b5d
15 of 18

Hi, I don't see a chat bot anywhere. Where would it be?

The second method didn't work at all they just thanked me for my "feedback" (automated)

prestonhunter
Community Guru
16 of 18

To activate chatbot, click on green circle question mark icon in bottom right corner of Community Forum pages.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
17 of 18

Hi Jen,

A member of the team has reached out to you already regarding this concern. You should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
18 of 18

jen b wrote:
Thanks. I hadn’t paid the first milestone left as she hadn’t finished it.
I can’t seem to change the great feedback she asked for on the sample I did pay for which was completed may 24. Can you help?

You LOVED that sample. That is why you left great feedback for it. 

You can't change that feedback and shouldn't, even if you could (because you genuinely did like the work). Obviously you could change your feedback if the freelancer enabled you to, but they wouldn't be that stupid.

You got what you paid for. A sample. It's not as if the freelancer ran away with the payment for the illustration of the whole book.

This is the time to take a deep breath and move on. You can't force a freelancer to work on your project.