🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer went in changed stuff after contra...
Page options
9aaa9f4e
Community Member

Freelancer went in changed stuff after contract ended

I made a big mistake by not revoking my VA's access to my Shopify store as soon as I ended the contract. He went in and changed the theme back to an old.. messed with the collections, basically put me right back to where I was when I hired him.  Don't do what I did, be sure to revoke their access before you end the contract.!

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Karla P wrote:

I made a big mistake by not revoking my VA's access to my Shopify store as soon as I ended the contract. He went in and changed the theme back to an old.. messed with the collections, basically put me right back to where I was when I hired him.  

Obviously he shouldn't done that, but I do wonder if the freelancer was fully paid for their work? What would have prompted such a reaction? 

9aaa9f4e
Community Member

He was paid. I told him he could keep working on some other stuff for me, ( Amazon fba research) If, he would just get some good products onto my Shopify store. He said, I can do the Amazon for you, but since you know nothing about drop shipping, I will concentrate on Amazon for now. I said...but that’s why I hired you. Then I kindly thanked him for all the work he did on my store, but I was going to have to let him go, because my store has been live a few months without sales. He didn’t answer back, I went on working for half the day on my Fba stuff and when I got back to my store, theme, collections, gone!
JoanneP

Hi Karla, 

Could you please send me a DM with more information so I can check this for you? Thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths